Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by f095:
Angelo,
I would have had to change clothes if I had hit that "mud" like you did. When I was really young, I saw a movie about quick sand in the Okeefonokee Swamp and it scared the stuffing out of me. So thanks very much for the tip!! I'm sure my son will fish from the shore at some point. Have you ever done any deep sea fishing from San Pedro?
I knew the lagoon side was like that before I went down, but being Italian with a thick skull, I tried it anyway. The ocean side is a much better choice.

I haven't done any deep sea fishing in AC. You might want to ask Capt. Jeff about that. I know the reef fishing is big in AC, but I don't think big game pelagic species like Billfish are really targeted a lot by the guides here.

Angelo
Angelo - great pictures! We've booked a couple of days with Severo, June 3 and 4, and it was great to see your pictures of him. Looking forward to getting some bones, permit, etc. Just out of curiosity, how far did you need to be casting most of the time for bones? and just to add my 2 cents, I'd have probably had a heart attack if I'd sunk to my waist in mud! I've been in mud before where I left a hip wader behind, but never up to my waist! And since i'm only 5 ft. tall, that might have been up to my armpits! Can't wait to go, but I'll stick to the reef side, and fish the lagoon only from shore or a kayak! laugh

Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
I think most shots were in the 40-50' range. My guess would be 20% of the potential shots were 60'+.

Angelo
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.