Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86335 - 05/16/04 01:54 PM Seven Seas
cajunman Offline
will be there this summer, but haven't been in a few years......anybody stayed there lately?????

#86336 - 05/16/04 03:14 PM Re: Seven Seas
DJH Offline
Yes
What do you want to know

#86337 - 05/16/04 03:41 PM Re: Seven Seas
cajunman Offline
just curious as to what kind of shape it is in, have they made any improvements/additions???? things like that.......

#86338 - 05/17/04 01:15 AM Re: Seven Seas
mountain Larry Offline
We were there about a year and a half ago, Loved it, great people working there but honestly we found that to be the case at every place we've stayed on AC. ML

#86339 - 05/18/04 07:27 PM Re: Seven Seas
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
No improvements.

The neighborhood is looking better.

An additional timeshare unit may be ready.

S.I.N.

#86340 - 05/20/04 09:03 AM Re: Seven Seas
DJH Offline
We go there every Feb. Depending on when you were there last. Feb 2003 they put hair dryers, iron and iron board, and new mattresses in the rooms. You can rent beach towels now. They have put cushions on the lounge chairs. And the pool area is beautiful.

#86341 - 05/24/04 05:16 PM Re: Seven Seas
Hey Jude Offline
Just returned from A/C on Saturday and stayed a week in a timeshare at Seven Seas. This year we were in #3 on the second floor to try to get the breeze in the evening. The palm trees out front have grown so much that they completely block the view on the second & third floors.

The staff was the same. No improvements that I saw. We had the place practically to ourselves. One room was occupied in the rentals and there was a honeymoon couple in #2 for a few days. Still nice & quiet on that end of town.

What was interesting is that they have blocked the entrances from the side roads to the beach, so only golf carts could pass. It was only open a day or so each week for vans from what we could tell. That means you might have to drag your suitcases a block from where the cab leaves you off to the Seven Seas.

Enjoy yourself! Visit Papi's around back of Seven Seas and the Popular Bakery just down the street from Papi's if you get the chance.

Missed Belize the minute I got on the plane. Still going through withdrawal. Have fun.

Jude

#86342 - 05/24/04 05:40 PM Re: Seven Seas
Phil Offline
With regards to the road closure / width restrictions in Boca del Rio; the road that comes down to the beach to the South of the High School has a wider opening for taxi's, rubbish collection, emergency vehicles etc. It therefore stops through traffic other than golf carts.

#86343 - 05/25/04 04:00 AM Re: Seven Seas
larsteph Offline
Cman,
We stated at 7c's in April and it was OK. We liked the location. Walked back & forth a couple times per day to town. Went across the cut to Barefoot Skinny's new place. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, this might not be the place. Bedroom was as big as the Q-bed. Nicely painted, nice pool, nice staff. View was constricted by palms but you could still see sunrise from our room on 3rd floor. I'g go back.

#86344 - 05/25/04 04:07 AM Re: Seven Seas
cajunman Offline
last time(May 2000) we found Popular Bakery on our third or fourth day, and got food from them every day after that...ate at Papi's---very good......do the kids still bring food around their mothers' cooked after they get out of school??? I remember buying meat pies, flan, and who knows what else from these children out of the biggest Tupperware bowl I have ever seen.....to me, that gave us more of a local taste than any of the restaurants we ate at.....but we loved the restaurants too.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.