Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86356 - 05/16/04 01:41 PM Fishing in SP in July
scubabarbi Offline
hi all I hate to be a bother but!!!!!!!!! does anyone know if fly fishing in mid July is good? I think hubby might like to try some Tarpon or bone fishing with fly tackle. This trip is still a suprise birthday for him and I want to make our trip memorable with some great diving and maybe suprise him with a fishing trip as well maybe with Capt.Bicho if available and if he does fly fishing. Not being well versed in fishing any advice from boardies would be a big help.

#86357 - 05/17/04 09:19 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
captjeff Offline
fishing in july is good ,it is good year round ,I go eat month and love it here ..I fish with fishingsanpedro.com and my buddy the famous capt bicho ,and yes he has a flats boat does fly . and is great guide ,knows the lagoon and waters like the back of his hand ,,but book early he gets sold out ....go live the dream and enjoy
Living The Dream Every Day!

#86358 - 05/17/04 10:35 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
scubabarbi Offline
Thanks Capt. Jeff for the info, I have read many of your reports and reports of others who have experienced the fishing in San Pedro with Capt Bicho he sounds like a blast. I will try a resv. with fishingsanpedro.com. Will you be down in SP aroung mid July? We will be there July 15-22 and hope to meet some locals and boarders. I think we will love to live the dream. smile

#86359 - 05/17/04 05:02 PM Re: Fishing in SP in July
captjeff Offline
scubabari will be in scandinavia/russia for that time ,on a ship for meetings and hotel inspections .got to check out the shrimp cocktail, is cold ..but will be down late july I think ???or early july ,but if your there and on the water ,you will live the dream with style but if your to book capt bicho or capt charlie his son !!! do it quick they are selling out each week why,go second class when first class is the same price and you get much ,much more with them .. let me know the date when your booked with them will get you vip 'ed .. enjoy ......

#86360 - 05/18/04 09:26 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
krehfish Offline
Scubabarbi: The bonefish are always available, as are "baby tarpon" i.e. the under #40's. July is above average for larger tarpon. Flyfishing advice is always hard b/c of the wide range of people's skill and experience levels. Have your husband email me with a little info on his experience and expectations and i'd be glad help.
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#86361 - 05/18/04 02:24 PM Re: Fishing in SP in July
newyorkers Offline
scubabarbi my wife and I will be there July 14th-22nd. I love to fish but my wife could care less. Maybe we could meet up to share a charter! Let me know if you are interested. As our name implies we are from NY. Where will you be coming from?

#86362 - 05/18/04 05:48 PM Re: Fishing in SP in July
scubabarbi Offline
Hi NewYorkers. I'm from Pittsburgh, hubby 3rd generation Florida native, although living in Atlanta now. We'll be in SP 7/15-7/22. We're both divers and plan to spend alot of time diving. Trip is a surprise for hubby's birthday. I've been in contact w/Capt. Bicho regarding a full day fish/snorkel trip w/BBQ. Must get back w/Capt. soon, as he only has the flats/reef boat available (the other already booked) for this time period. If you are interested in sharing this type of fishing trip, email me & we'll see if we can't work out the details. cool

#86363 - 05/19/04 09:29 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
newyorkers Offline
Hi again! I responed to your personal email about the fishing trip and partying!!! Email me back with the details... Talk to you soon...My email is ralphjbutler@yahoo.com

#86364 - 05/19/04 09:44 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
captjeff Offline
scubabari the trip you e mailed bicho was a custom planned day fishing the flats and snorkel and famous beach lobster feast . fishing for tarpon ,can be done for two people only ,boat size and type ..they have the reef boat open every day so far on your dates ,as well as the flats boat some days !!! but to clarify your request it is only for two .the reerf boat is bigger and is wider and can be done up to four or five pass... have a great time ,but book quick ..

#86365 - 05/19/04 11:28 AM Re: Fishing in SP in July
Capt Jeff:
Should have listened to you about Capt Bicho. Will go with him on our next visit. Fished with a guide that Timo recommended...total waste of time-would rather not post his name. By the way... is it common practice by local guides to use live Bonefish for trolling baits to catch Barracudas?
The one boat we booked arrived with 12-15 small live Bonefish in their live well for trolling baits and although I questioned them thats what was used for bait...Something wrong with this picture???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.