Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86356 05/16/04 12:41 PM
OP Offline
hi all I hate to be a bother but!!!!!!!!! does anyone know if fly fishing in mid July is good? I think hubby might like to try some Tarpon or bone fishing with fly tackle. This trip is still a suprise birthday for him and I want to make our trip memorable with some great diving and maybe suprise him with a fishing trip as well maybe with Capt.Bicho if available and if he does fly fishing. Not being well versed in fishing any advice from boardies would be a big help.

#86357 05/17/04 08:19 AM
fishing in july is good ,it is good year round ,I go eat month and love it here ..I fish with fishingsanpedro.com and my buddy the famous capt bicho ,and yes he has a flats boat does fly . and is great guide ,knows the lagoon and waters like the back of his hand ,,but book early he gets sold out ....go live the dream and enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
#86358 05/17/04 09:35 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Capt. Jeff for the info, I have read many of your reports and reports of others who have experienced the fishing in San Pedro with Capt Bicho he sounds like a blast. I will try a resv. with fishingsanpedro.com. Will you be down in SP aroung mid July? We will be there July 15-22 and hope to meet some locals and boarders. I think we will love to live the dream. smile

#86359 05/17/04 04:02 PM
scubabari will be in scandinavia/russia for that time ,on a ship for meetings and hotel inspections .got to check out the shrimp cocktail, is cold ..but will be down late july I think ???or early july ,but if your there and on the water ,you will live the dream with style but if your to book capt bicho or capt charlie his son !!! do it quick they are selling out each week why,go second class when first class is the same price and you get much ,much more with them .. let me know the date when your booked with them will get you vip 'ed .. enjoy ......

#86360 05/18/04 08:26 AM
K
K
Scubabarbi: The bonefish are always available, as are "baby tarpon" i.e. the under #40's. July is above average for larger tarpon. Flyfishing advice is always hard b/c of the wide range of people's skill and experience levels. Have your husband email me with a little info on his experience and expectations and i'd be glad help.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
#86361 05/18/04 01:24 PM
N
N
scubabarbi my wife and I will be there July 14th-22nd. I love to fish but my wife could care less. Maybe we could meet up to share a charter! Let me know if you are interested. As our name implies we are from NY. Where will you be coming from?

#86362 05/18/04 04:48 PM
OP Offline
Hi NewYorkers. I'm from Pittsburgh, hubby 3rd generation Florida native, although living in Atlanta now. We'll be in SP 7/15-7/22. We're both divers and plan to spend alot of time diving. Trip is a surprise for hubby's birthday. I've been in contact w/Capt. Bicho regarding a full day fish/snorkel trip w/BBQ. Must get back w/Capt. soon, as he only has the flats/reef boat available (the other already booked) for this time period. If you are interested in sharing this type of fishing trip, email me & we'll see if we can't work out the details. cool

#86363 05/19/04 08:29 AM
N
N
Hi again! I responed to your personal email about the fishing trip and partying!!! Email me back with the details... Talk to you soon...My email is [email protected]

#86364 05/19/04 08:44 AM
scubabari the trip you e mailed bicho was a custom planned day fishing the flats and snorkel and famous beach lobster feast . fishing for tarpon ,can be done for two people only ,boat size and type ..they have the reef boat open every day so far on your dates ,as well as the flats boat some days !!! but to clarify your request it is only for two .the reerf boat is bigger and is wider and can be done up to four or five pass... have a great time ,but book quick ..

#86365 05/19/04 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Capt Jeff:
Should have listened to you about Capt Bicho. Will go with him on our next visit. Fished with a guide that Timo recommended...total waste of time-would rather not post his name. By the way... is it common practice by local guides to use live Bonefish for trolling baits to catch Barracudas?
The one boat we booked arrived with 12-15 small live Bonefish in their live well for trolling baits and although I questioned them thats what was used for bait...Something wrong with this picture???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.