Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Just got back last night didn't get one bite or any pica pica. The bugs must not like my blood type. My wife however did get some sort of small bumps(bites) when running on the beach. Higher socks seemed to put a stop to it. No real problem with bugs or critters.
TIMO

C
C
CrackerLarry - Any suggestions on other products, or just use care and caution with the DEET?

No, I've never found anything that works better than a deet product, but it is some powerful stuff. Wash your hands good before you handle your sunglasses or you may get a permanent thumbprint.

Another reason to wash your hands well after applying, is because you don't want to be rubbing your eyes or get it near your mouth. We all have unconscious habits that can get our hands near our face.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

K
K
We found a great product that I liked a lot better than the sprays. At Wal-Mart they had DEET wipes-that way you don't have to watch where you are spraying.

Wouldn't you still have to wash your hands after applying? Sure, sounds like they would be great to keep it off your pedicture, but do they also keep it off your hands?

K
K
You do still get it on your hands a bit but I liked it because you could get it just where you wanted it instead of having to spray it and get it all over.

J
J
if you don't want to get eaten alive,consider Deet your new fragrence,the pine one is best,nice smell. if you do get bit-up, rubbing alcohol is the cure,plus benadryl, and maybe some dark rum,

J
J
one more bit of advice,the bugs will go where they want,spray,spray,and spray,your not in Kansas anymore.Belize it,Good Luck!!!

It's better to have the DEET with you and not need it, than it is the other way around.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.