Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Just got back on Saturday and had an unbelievable time. We did not want to leave. I'll post more later, but wanted to give these hints.

The pica pica is still there. Only saw it around Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley last week.

We got eaten alive by mosquitos just in the first day. We rented a house 3.5 miles south of town which I'm sure had something to do with it. I had both the 25% and 99% Deet (Jungle Juice from REI and it smelled better than the 25%). I recommend the 99% because the 25% didn't stop those little critters at all. Even got bit at some of the restaurants in town. Mine are better, but my husband still has huge red welts from them and he's not allergic to them!

Don't forget the bug spray!!

Ouch!
Sounds like good advice.

PS: Jungle Juice - Bottle or spray?

:rolleyes:Hi can anyone tell me what the typical duration of PicaPica season is? eek confused

Have your husband take a spoonful of Benadryl and put some cortizone on his bites.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Thanks for the advice and I look forward to reading your trip report. I leave on Wednesday and will pack the bug spray. Thanks!

Only two more sleeps!! cool cool

OP Offline
Jungle Juice is in a white bottle with green letters and a green cap. It is a spray bottle. I think you can get 2 different sizes. More expensive than Off, but well worth it.

Psssttt .... Have I got a deal for you ...

(AKA, "wanna but some stuff")

I bought some Safe Sea to take with us "just in case". Well the "just in case" never happened, and don't think I'll need it here in OH.

It's never been opened, nope, not even to smell. Also rated 30 SPF. I paid $10 for it. It's yours for what I paid for it and I won't charge for regular shipping.

If anyone is interested you can email me at: [email protected]

cool

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
Are there more mosquitos south of town? We're staying at Caribe and now I'm afraid (they love me and I'm allergic to them)

OP Offline
There did seem to be more south of town. Caribe was about a 1/2 mile north of where we were. We probably got most of our bites south of Caribe because there is jungle on both sides of the road. We still got some in town though. I'm allergic as well. They swell up real quick. Make sure to take good, high Deet spray and anti-itch cream (cortizone) and benadryl with you. We put the spray on several times a day. I'm sure it's not great for you, but I even sprayed my hands with the spray and lightly put it on my face and ears. We also had rain the first couple days which I'm sure contributed to the mosquito colonies. I don't want to scare you, if you go in prepared by knowing that you need the spray you should be fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.