Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86728 - 05/25/04 12:45 PM Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
latravelers Offline
Hi All,
We are taking off for AC Thursday and I am trying to make sure that we have everything!! What is the best way to call the United States from Belize? Should we purchase phone cards, call collect, or dial direct and charge to our resort bill? Thanks for the help!

#86729 - 05/25/04 01:11 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
Islenutt Offline
Use Island Internet just south of town or Coconet right in town. Very reasonable rates and really fun people.

#86730 - 05/25/04 04:10 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
captjeff Offline
yes thats the deal ,out of town south , islandinternet chris real nice people ,in town coconet ,next to mannelys ice cream ask for steve new,owner nice guy and cheap prices,cold beer air cond ,, do not charge to resort bill or call collect ,lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ some big dollars at times be carefull use the places ,here good value or phone cards ,no hotel ,or collect calls .....live the dream and enjoy ..
Living The Dream Every Day!

#86731 - 05/25/04 05:21 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
Islenutt Offline
I was impressed with the changes in Coconet. Great place to get coffee (or a beer if you need one) in the morning while you check e-mail or make a call. We went just to have a beer and hang out a couple of times. Steve is a really nice guy and very helpful with all sorts of things.
Debbie is terrific too. Hi Debbie! She had us laughing all the time.

Island Internet has always been a favorite. Still is. And you can look at real estate listings at Pelican Properties just next door. Claudia helped me download pictures from my digital camera after it was dropped from a platform on top of a tree. Rescued the pics but the camera is on it's last legs...
To any of the people that witnessed my "discussion" with Peter while having a beer there, all I can say is "oh, well"

#86732 - 05/25/04 05:37 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
Gela Offline
Latravelers, I have brought my prepaid MCI calling card with me and used it for about 65 cents per minute. You need to be connected to the calling card company's operator if you can't find out the direct access number. Eventually you get the normal prompting you would hear if using the card in the US. It worked very well and I wasn't charged anything extra at the hotels I stayed at. But as everyone says - why phone home when you can email while sipping on a beer and enjoying Island Company? laugh
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#86733 - 05/25/04 05:56 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
ilandhoper Offline
Call home? Who cares? Try to concentrate on being away from home and having a great time while on AC. Talk to people at home when you return....
Not sure how much you spent to get to AC, or how much money you will spend while you are there, but add it up and then divide that by the time you are actually awake on AC. That is your cost per minute. Don't get me wrong, San Pedro is an inexpensive place to travel to, but do the numbers....Would have cost me roughly 20 cents per minute to talk to people at home based on what I paid for the weeks stay on AC, and that does not include phone charges. As one board member states, "Go enjoy and live the dream".....

#86734 - 05/25/04 06:00 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
Bobber Offline
Call home to say:

I'm having a Belikin (and you're not)
I'm having lobster (and you're not)
I'm going diving/snorkeling/fishing (and you're not)
I'm just laying around, soaking up sun (and you're not)
I don't have any traffic problems (and you do)
smile smile smile
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#86735 - 05/25/04 07:48 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
fuzzy_navel Offline
Living in Atlanta I think I'll definitely call back home to gloat about not being in traffic. laugh

#86736 - 05/25/04 10:54 PM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
stamiya Offline
Oh, yeah, gloating about not being in the office after fighting traffic to get there - that's worth a phone call or an email home any day! laugh

#86737 - 05/26/04 09:33 AM Re: Leaving Thursday--What about calling Home
latravelers Offline
Thanks a bunch for all the help. Tomorrow morning at this time I will be at IAH waiting to baord my plane to paradise!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (ragman, Marty, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,283 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.