Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86778 05/26/04 07:40 AM
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
My new husband and I just returned from San Pedro last night and I miss it all ready. This will be a short report because we have to repack for our honeymoon in Spain tomorrow. Here is just a little blurb about our visit.

Let me first start by saying Iraida(wedding planner), Dulce and her daughter( florist), Jennie, Ernesto and the gang(Caliente), Kay Scott(photographer), Ana and the girls and other staff( The Palms), and Luis (Elvi's Kitchen) many many thanks. You guys are WONDERFUL!!!! We have met so many wonderful people there and they have gone out of there way to make us comfortable and feel at home. We had a group of 22 people and Iraida new everyone's name on the first day. Not to mention, anything we needed or wanted with a flip of the cell phone it was done.
Dulce you are such a character!! I wish I was able to see you in action at the wedding. The floral arrangements were beautiful! I can't wait to try the recipes.
Our wedding (5/22/2004) at The Palms was absolutely amazing. Pablo Collado, the flutist was mesmerizing. Wil and Dale you're the best, you guys played all the right songs to get the crowed going.
Pam thanks again for letting us use your house and your boat!!
Anyone who is getting married on San Pedro and has some reservation about the above people....DON'T WORRY you'll be in good hands.

Breakfast:
Estel's, Ruby's, Mickey's and Ramon's.
Lunch:
It was too hot to eat lunch, besides I was still full from breakfast
Dinner:
Caliente's, Elvi's Kitchen, Fido's
I am a little disappointed though, everytime I ordered flan it was all out. I guess that means when we return, we will have to go earlier in the evening before it's all gone.

Altun Ha was fun, Carlos is a terrific guide, Jorge you rock!!!! Just a bit of warning Maruba Jungle & Spa is INVESTED WITH MOSQUITOS!!!! No matter how much OFF or DEET you put on they will get you. We emptied our Deet just in the one place and we still got eaten alive.

The Rubio Brothers the sunset cruise was beautiful thanks.
We can't thank everyone b/c we don't know everyone's names. But ya'll know who ya'll are. Thanks for making our week in San Pedro a memorable one. This will forever be etched in our memories. We can't wait to return.

#86779 05/26/04 07:47 AM
Lacole - Congratulations! Here's to many long and happy years! Your wedding sounds wonderful - how lovely for you to have it in San Pedro - a memory never to be forgotten!

#86780 05/26/04 08:57 AM
T
Tom Offline
T
Lacole & New Husband(as we got no name),
Congratulations!!!
Soooo glad you had your wedding in San Padro and loved it. Amazing you are going on to Spain for an extended Honeymoon. It will also be wonderful I am sure. Hope your heart smiles everytime you look at the pictures. Like a line from the song I wrote for the island "It's so said, don't you see we must leave Ambergris Caye, but that's alright we'll do it again, cause in our hearts it will never end", The dream goes on you see all you have to do is remember.
Being the Mascot for the island, I am especially glad to hear your wonderful report and that your time in San Pedro was amazing.
Kat/aka:Tuki Tuki

#86781 05/26/04 09:30 AM
Congratulations. What a wonderful start to your new journey together. Post some pics when you get a chance and have a wonderful honeymoon. We are staying at The Palms in August. Can't wait. mobunny cool

#86782 05/26/04 12:44 PM
C
C
Congrats! I just registered on this site to begin a search for our wedding. We are considering AC and like the laid back atmosphere....beautiful water....and thatch hut cabanas on the beach. Please share your photos! We are looking into Captain Morgan and a few others. We have two little ones coming (neice and nephew) so we have special considerations. Thanks everyone for sharing their info!!!!!

#86783 05/26/04 12:51 PM
K
K
High recommendations for getting married on AC. We were married at Ramon's Village on May 6th and it honestly couldn't have been better. They took care of absolutely everything and we never had to ask about anything--it was just done. Amy was really wonderful to work with and it was well worth every penny. If you need any info at all feel free to email me: [email protected]

#86784 05/26/04 01:55 PM
Lacole,
Congratulations!!! Glad to hear everything went so well! Our wedding is less than 3 weeks away and we can barely contain ourselves. I hope that you will post a trip report and pictures when you return from Spain.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Your positive feedback helps to calm any last minute concerns. smile
Laurie

#86785 05/26/04 03:11 PM
C
C
Alaurieb,
I suggest that you go to belizefirst.com and read the Question and Answer section. You cen email Lan Sluder directly on that page and he seems great about giving honest opinions and suggestions. Just read his book San Pedro Cool last night. You can order it at amazon.com
(And I will be emailing kimical! thanks)
-Cherrymorgan

#86786 05/26/04 04:46 PM
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I will definately email pictures when we return from Spain. It may take awhile as we have tons of photos. We actually went to Captain Morgan while in San Pedro. It is nice there, however, it's too quiet for us. And it's very far from town. But if that's what you like, then it is perfect.
The Palms is a wonderful place. When we return, we will stay there again.

#86787 05/26/04 05:20 PM
K
K
Cherrymorgan--I just tried to email and it failed. I think the picture I attached may have made it bounce back. Can you send me another email so I can reply to you? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.