Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#87387 - 06/03/04 03:27 AM Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
Pete Offline
We are planning a family vacation in April of 2005. My kids are 4 and 6. Has anyone stayed at Casa Manana or O'Farrell house recently? Curious as to which would be better for a family vacation as far as the properties, location, etc.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

#87388 - 06/03/04 09:40 AM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
Teenah Offline
I haven't stayed at O'Farrell house recently, but I've stayed there many times over the past few years. It's far enough from town to be quiet and close enough to crawl home from BC's bar. They have a swimming pool which is a real plus with kids. I've snorkled around their dock and have seen moray eels, seahorses, puffers, etc.

#87389 - 06/03/04 06:49 PM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
bzews Offline
The O,Farrell House is newley remodled and is in a great location. Marty and Carrie O'Farrell are very grasious and the grounds are kept very clean and orderly. They have night security which is a real plus. Located on their dock is Lady Sharon which is a 65 foot catamaran that does sun set, day and private cruises.

#87390 - 06/15/04 02:12 AM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
4leafclover Offline
O'Farrell House is a lot closer to town, located between Ramon's and The Yacht Club. A great location! Kids are always welcome! The owners have a 3 1/2 year boy who is fun to play with for your kids. You are a stone's through to the grocery store too, very convenient. pool is great and the house and yard is wonderful! It's much better in person.

#87391 - 06/18/04 11:45 PM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
dsm2blze Offline
We stayed at Casa Manana June 3-10 this year. We had a large group and were very comfortable there. They have a great new pool and the house is beautiful with a great view & dock. The grounds are gorgeous. The owners Jim & Sharon Patterson were very helpful and Jim even took the guys out on a private snorkel trip for less than the tour groups charge. You would need a golfcart if you stay here to get back & forth to town it's about 2-1/2 miles out. Actually, several people in our group thought the golf carts were one of the highlights of the trip.

#87392 - 06/19/04 10:55 AM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
Now Danny Offline
My wife was never on a golf cart before our trip. After the first excursion on the cart she said " now I know why people like to play golf". Bump, bump, bump,.

#87393 - 06/20/04 01:17 AM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
4leafclover Offline
The houses are both great, it's the location of getting around that's the important issue. Being close to most of the restaurants and grocery store is a nice plus. It's nice to be able to walk to them instead of roughin it by golf cart, besides they're expensive to rent. Save your money for the tours and trips with the family. Enjoy!

#87394 - 06/20/04 04:13 PM Re: Casa Manana vs. O'Farrell House
bzews Offline
I would go with The O'farell House because of location and and the amenities. Easy walking distance to town, restaurants, grocery and they can help with tours off their dock. The O'Farrell House has in effect great summer rates for a family and a real plus is air conditioning. Also unlimited satellite use is a real plus. Either way you will enjoy the convenient location of The O'Farrell House and their wonderful hosts and staff! Most of all enjoy your vacation in Belize.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.