Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#87411 - 06/03/04 07:52 PM Lodging & weather questions
flacomorton Offline
Going to AC for first time at end of June. Trying to figure out where to stay. Got multiple recommendations for Victoria House, but they're full. Between Banyan, Mata Chica, Palms & Yacht Club, which is preferable? The girlfriend and I are looking to relax by the beach/pool, eat some good seafood, explore the island, snorkel & fish a bit, and generally goof off.

Also, what can we expect in the way of weather? I understand the end of June is technically rainy season ... how rainy?

#87412 - 06/03/04 08:05 PM Re: Lodging & weather questions
kajonesy Offline
My husband and I stayed at the Yacht Club. I don't really recommend it. If we go back, we won't stay there. The first day the water stunk like rotten eggs. I guess it's because they were using well water. Once they switched us over to rain water, it was fine, but that first day was GROSS. Also I found the beds to be really uncomfortable. They are in need of new mattresses. However, the grounds are nice and the onsite dive shop (Protech) is excellent. We met some people who were staying at the Palms. They really liked it and highly recommended it. We also toured the Banana Beach while we were there. If I get back to Belize, I will stay at either the Palms or Banana Beach.

#87413 - 06/03/04 08:18 PM Re: Lodging & weather questions
blg8878 Offline
my fiance and i are going as well at the end of june and we have the same exact goals in mind. we are staying at ramon's and have heard really good things about it. nice pool, nice beach, close to town....

#87414 - 06/03/04 08:26 PM Re: Lodging & weather questions
tradewinds Offline
We stayed at the Palms last week and would highly recommend it. Ana and the rest of the staff were great, and it's right next door to Ramon's and convenient to go into town.

#87415 - 06/04/04 04:24 AM Re: Lodging & weather questions
ronmyway Offline
The Palms is the place. We joined Tradewinds and wife to hang out on the beach in front of Ramons. What did we do about drinks? Ordered a case of Belikins, of course, and brought ice from their room as needed. Beer paradise!

#87416 - 06/04/04 06:35 AM Re: Lodging & weather questions
kerry Offline
hey guys...gotta put my plug in for corona del mar....free rum punch....mmmmmmm!!!!free breakfast....another nice perk....and really nice rooms.....if you are looking for a class act without spending alot of bucks....this is the place.....kerry

#87417 - 06/04/04 12:16 PM Re: Lodging & weather questions
Fluffy Offline
I just came back and stayed at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort / Playador. Very nice condos and Don and Carol are wonderful hosts. There is a beach bar called Crazy Canucks which is always a great time and Monkey Bites is a retaurant that is there and it is open from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Go to www.belizeisfun.com if you are interested. Tell them Shelly sent you!!!

#87418 - 06/04/04 02:39 PM Re: Lodging & weather questions
flacomorton Offline
Thanks to all for the tips!

#87419 - 06/15/04 02:05 AM Re: Lodging & weather questions
4leafclover Offline
Hi all~ please check out The O'Farrell House~The most colorful house on the Island for your next trip! The rooms are very spacious! Just ask for smaller group rates. It's right between Ramon's and Yacht club, great location!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (nina09), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,671 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.