Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87619 06/08/04 08:14 PM
N
nancyo Offline OP
OP Offline
N
MickeyO and I were in A/C May 28 - June 5. We stayed at The Palms - and loved the accommodations and will stay there again. The island is beautiful, quaint, and full of fun gossip (we met lots of locals who found it necessary to fill us in on EVERYTHING! (We saw Pedro1 galavanting after a bride-to-be at bachelorette party (he didn't know who we were though - lots of fun to observe!). Our first couple of days were spent lounging on the beach and having libations at BC's, just a stagger down the beach! Bloody Mary's by Carlo a must.

We spent a day fishing and snorkeling with Bicho and Bicho, Jr. We pulled in red and yellow snapper, trigger fish, and my 1/2 a fish (shared it with a barracuda - the greedy #*&&@**!) Our beach BBQ was incredible and well worth the experience. Bicho, Jr. was our snorkeling guide with the sharks, rays and other sea life and coral - it was incredible! I did have a few fish think that the tassle on my bathing suit was a fishing lure! We did all of our snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley. We snorkelled daily off of Ramon's pier - which was a nice relaxing float around the blue waters, and close to BC's for our afternoon Bloody Mary's - the best around.

We didn't do any other tours, as we were just into kicking back, reading, people watching and catching lots of sun. We rented a golf cart for a day and toured around south of the cut.

We tried many restuarants and would highly recommend Blue Water Grill (wonderful - ask for George!), Jerry's Crab Shack - great crab cakes with lime caper sauce, and crab stuffed shrimp - yum! We also tried Caliente's, The Stained Glass Pub, Pasta Rasta, Jambel Jerk Pit (excellent jerk!), and a late night burrito at BC's that was forced upon us by Bruce the owner at 1:15 in the morning! Needless to say we closed the bar at 2:00 with Bruce. Bad news for Bruce as he had to be there at 8:00 am to start the famous Sunday beach BBQ. Almost bad news for us as we thought we had lost our condo key, luckily a guard let us in at 2:15 am - and our sneaky key was laying on the bed- hadn't taken it to start with! We had a romantic and delicious dinner at Capricorn's and met 4 other boarders on the boat ride there. The only dining dissapointment of our trip was Casa Picasa - unfortunately cannot recommend it.

No problems with mosquitos, as the wind was really kicking. No problems with Pica Pica - but we did use the SeaSafe just incase. Meet a lot of wonderful locals, part-timers and visitors. A/C is on our list of places to return to. Will post photos soon.

T
Tom Offline
T
nancyo,
We have been going to San Pedro since 1991 and keep saying that we are going to go see other laces but get to San Pedro and don't want to go anywhere else. Maybe when we can be there for a month or 2 at a time we will explore more. Kat gets to more places than I do, I like to just R & R.
Kat will be down in August for the Costa Maya Festival on the 5,6,7 & 8th.
Tom & Kat

glad you had fun ,just got back ,from my june trip ..nice post on fishingsanpedro.com and my buddy capt bicho !!!!!!!!and yes he works hard to make people enjoy there special day fishing and snorkeling .. living the dream is cool ....happy for you ..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.