Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#87629 - 06/09/04 12:32 PM Myan Princess??
Arcadia Offline
We are planning on returning to Belize in 3/05 and are looking for a hotel on the beach that has a kitchenette. A friend mentioned the Myan Princess saying that it was centrally located, clean and very reasonably priced. We are staying for 2 weeks+ so price does get to be an issue. Am I in for any surprises? Thanks.

#87630 - 06/09/04 01:25 PM Re: Myan Princess??
govikes Offline
Mayan Princess is a wonderful place to stay, the rooms are great; get one that's not on ground level so you can sleep with the balcony doors open. Location is real handy to everything right in town.

#87631 - 06/09/04 02:21 PM Re: Myan Princess??
GailM Offline
I have stayed there a few times and it is very nice.

#87632 - 06/09/04 02:46 PM Re: Myan Princess??
ckocian Offline
Each unit is individually owned and furnished by the owner. It's run like a hotel in the sense that it has a front desk where reservations, etc. are handled but no restaurant/bar on the premises. However, as was said previously, it's convenient to everything in SP Town by foot. No pool. No elevator. Can't think of anything else that might surprise you. Accommodation-wise it's a very, very nice place to call your temporary home.

#87633 - 06/09/04 03:33 PM Re: Myan Princess??
seashell Offline
The Mayan is a great place to stay. I agree with govikes, get a room on the second or third floor. The units are quite nice and the patios are fabulous. Location is great for access to most anywhere.

#87634 - 06/09/04 04:02 PM Re: Myan Princess??
captjeff Offline
mayan princess nice ,no pool I a stay at aqua marina suites good prices , small pool ,very clean and almost new , nice staff but get room right side of hotel ask for the ones with big wraparound balcony,go live the dream and enjoy ..

#87635 - 06/10/04 02:22 AM Re: Myan Princess??
Arcadia Offline
Thank you. We will be booking as soon as my wife and I can agree on dates. Thanks again.

#87636 - 06/10/04 03:36 AM Re: Myan Princess??
RMT Offline
dduflo,

I ditto everyone elses comments on the Mayan Princess. We just stayed there for our third time in March and still continue to enjoy it. We too always stay more than 2 weeks and they will give you a great price when you do. The managers Rusty and Sheila are extremely nice and will take great care of you. We have stayed on the first, second and third floors. Like the others stated make sure you do get the second or third floor! Also the rooms look just like the pics on their website so no suprises! Have a wonderful time!! Rhonda

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.