Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
okie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Got here Saturday and are enchanted! Have met Johnboy and Texasgal. People are friendly and so laid back!!! The Palms is fantastic. Food budget a little strained, actually those banana coladas at BC's and the rum punches are taking a bigger bite than we anticipated:) Found a terrific restaurant today: Carumaba's- great food, reasonable prices; not airconditioned at lunch but is for dinner. I had the tour guide fish; try it, it's great!!!
Anyone know of good restaurants that aren't too pricey?

For breakfast and lunch try tropical take-out across the street from Tropics terminal. Good food, very reasonable prices.

Reality..What a concept!
Check out the local food vendors at the park. Got a huge plate of Rice & Beans with stewed chicken for $5 BZ. Fed two of us. The chicken burritos she made was lookin' good too.

Can tell you're havin' fun!

Cannibal's - great food for not too much money. Try the potato boats. Nice view of the beach and good place to people watch. Also, Rubies for breakfast very very inexpensive - fabulous bannana bread and huge glazed doughnuts - we would get two large coffees 2 doughnuts and a big chunk of bannana bread for about $4.00 US. 29 days and counting...mobunny

I forgot to ask. What room do you have at The Palms? We are staying there for 2 weeks in August on the ground floor 3rd room north of Ramon's. Sounds like you are having fun! ...mobunny

Okie
I'm here checking out prices for our trip, we will see you at Squirrels Nest Friday!!!! From what I can tell, check out Lily's on the beach behind Lily's hotel - this is suppose to be cheap and good. Also go to the coupon section of this website and get you a free wine/cheese tasting coupon from Wine Devine AND a free rum punch and conch appetizer from Caramba.

Hope it helps....... See you Friday!!!

George's - south of town. Has great breakfast really inexpensive. I hear they have good dinner too, but I didn't try it personally.

Rasta Pasta can be inexpensive too. One of their giant burritos (it is VERY GIANT) is definitely large enough to split, you can have dinner for 2 for the price of one.

La Popular Bakery (the one in town) has a really large selection and is very inexpensive as well.

Stick with fish, it's usually cheapest. Try El Patio, the Reef or Papi's

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
O
okie Offline OP
OP Offline
O
mobunny
You will love The Palms. Open, airy, clean and a friendly staff. If I have your room straight, we met the owners who had been down here for the week and left Sunday. Nice people from Dallas. We are on the ground floor and it is great because you have direct access to the beach and to the pool. I went to your website so I know that you know that it is going to be wonderful.

Man (or should I say Mon), I can hardly wait. You guys have a great time and enjoy every minute. Take care, mobunny

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.