Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#87732 - 06/10/04 08:28 PM trip report...home in body only
mimi Offline
honey, i'm home!!

we arrived home in houston last night and i am having serious withdrawals this morning. i'd forgotten just how much i love san pedro.
arrived friday 6/4, checked into the palms, grabbed a belikin from the fridge and said a quick hello to nancyo (sorry we never got together, but i immediately went to island time and forgot about everything)

having now stayed at the palms, i'm not sure i would stay anyplace else. it was the perfect setting, very small and quaint yet nice, great condo, right on the beach and then one minute to town, one minute to the grocery store.
we had meat pies and pastries from rubies and celi's and great food at several different restaurants...carambas, jambel jerk, el patio, jerry's crab shack, ramon's, etc...all the while determined to have drinks at every bar in town.
i believe we were a success.
and oh my goodness, i love that one barrel rum! brought 2 bottles back. and lots of hot sauce.
we rented a golf cart for a day and had a blast. eventually found jerry jeff's house.

i went with 4 others who had never been to belize and they fell head over heels in love with the island and most of all the friendly people.
hey...what's the deal with all those cars? my last trip was in november 2001 and i saw a few cars, not many. now, they're everywhere. can't they at least be forbidden in town?

well, i should be on that beach right now with a rum drink in hand, but no...i'm at work and not real happy about it.
oh well, stories and pictures later, maybe.

love to all,
mimi

#87733 - 06/10/04 09:33 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
mobunny Offline
mimi, what room did you have at the Palms? We are staying there in August for two weeks. We have reserved the one bedroom condo on the ground floor - third one north of Ramons's. We can't wait. Sounds like you had a blast. Good for you... mobunny

#87734 - 06/10/04 09:48 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
mimi Offline
mo,
we had the 2 bedroom ground floor condo #14, the closest condo to town. it was so cool. we had the perfect patio area where we had music playing, talked to everyone walking by and just had to walk a few steps inside to get another beer or rum punch...while laying out.
absolute perfection.
also, the only man in our group decided that he couldn't handle all 4 of us (actually, i think we drove him crazy), so he got the casita next to the pool and it is adorable.

enjoy!
mimi

#87735 - 06/10/04 10:46 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
tradewinds Offline
mobunny,

We stayed in the condo you've reserved, #15. It was great, nice big patio, and right in the "flow."

#87736 - 06/10/04 10:59 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
mobunny Offline
mimi and tradewinds thanks for the response. Sounds wonderful. We can't wait...haven't been since last August and have been planning our return since we got back. Thanks again! 57 days and counting... mobunny cool

#87737 - 06/10/04 11:21 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
Thistle Offline
Mobunny, just had to say hi as it was your trip articles that got me to this message board (via the "articles" link on the ambergris caye web page). Loved how you described AC! I'm a true believer, going back for my 3rd trip in a few days. I'm also from Albuquerque, so it's good to know there are some other AC addicts in the area. I'll drink a Belikan in your honor! :-)

#87738 - 06/10/04 11:43 PM Re: trip report...home in body only
mobunny Offline
Hello Thistle! Glad you enjoyed my rambling reports and pics. Have a great time on your trip and have a rum punch and one of those Firestone tire sized doughnuts from Rubies for me. mobunny cool

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.