Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87909 - 05/16/06 05:40 PM Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
Teresa Offline
I just want to post a BIG THANK YOU to Dr. Gonzales and his wife. On Sunday my husband developed terrible pain primarily in his kidney area. This is something that he has never had any problems with before.

Martin, at the desk in Xanadu got us a cab and placed a call to Dr. Gonzales. When we got to the doctor, he immediately got some IV's going, did an ultra sound, gave him a shot for pain, his wife did another ultra sound, put some other medicine in the IV ... probably stones.

Bottom line, they got him in good enough shape that we were able to keep our scheduled Monday flight back home. (He is now going through some more test here.)

We were extremely pleased with the treatment and relief that was provided. (We've never had a medical situation on a vacation before.) What shocked us was that for all of the treatment and care given by these 2 professionals our cost was $90 US!!! And that was with the doctors doing everything themselves! Wish we could get attention like that state side.

Thanks again.

#87910 - 05/16/06 08:07 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
dabunk Offline
Doctors for the most part are hard working and dedicated. Something we no longer see in the US. Glad you posted as it needs to be told. Usually people only take the time to post the bad stuff, and there is so much more good than bad here.

#87911 - 05/16/06 11:37 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
dabunk Offline
Same here in PG. Doctoras just lost her mom when my mom got very ill. Even though it was killing her to be in that situation again, she still came and helped as much as she could. She has my undying gratitude as she helped make my moms last few days comfortable.

#87912 - 05/17/06 12:56 AM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
wonderwoman Offline
Which Dr. Gonzales? Dr. Dan is my very, very, very favorite Doc in the whole world. Years ago, no one could figure out what was wrong with me, no it was not mental retardation, it was malaria! He knew!!! After 5 docs!!! He has taken care of me all of these years and I love him.

#87913 - 05/17/06 03:24 AM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
kwalkpt Offline
Both Dr. Dan and Dr. Tina are wonderful doctors that tend to work 24/7 - the island is blessed to have both of them!!

#87914 - 05/17/06 03:52 AM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
reaper Offline
Dr.Dan & Dr. Tina are the Official Doctors for "Boogie in Belize". They do a GREAT job!

If any Doctors, Nurses or Paramedics are reading this and visiting soon, the Ambergris Hope Clinic can always use medical supplies.

#87915 - 05/17/06 01:14 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
Sun&sand Offline
Reaper, where is the Ambergris Hope Clinic? Is it the one across from Maya Air next to the Hyperbaric Clinic? I can't place it, but I'll be bringing down some instruments that I'll gladly pass on to them.

#87916 - 05/17/06 02:44 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
reaper Offline
Next door to the north of the fire station.

#87917 - 05/17/06 03:31 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
SimonB Offline
"Up till 2 days ago Dr. Dan was across Harry's hotdogs". Actually they moved back in November as far as I can recall (that's when I took over their old apartment.)

Their new office is between the Paradise Villas office and Castillo's hardware.

#87918 - 05/17/06 03:31 PM Re: Thank you to Dr. Gonzales & his wife & Xanadu
Sun&sand Offline
Thanks. I'll be sure to stop off and share the supplies with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (FoFoFo), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,051 Topics
462,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.