Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#87976 06/12/04 12:16 PM
timalpr Offline OP
OP Offline
My soon to be wife and I are want to have our honeymoon at the cayes. What are some of the best places to stay? Some people have suggested Ramone's Village. Is this a good place to stay.

The palms by far. The website doesn't do it justice. We stayed there for our weddingmoon with our 20 guests last month and it was wonderful. The staff were so pleasant and accomodating. I can't say enough good things about The Palms.

lacole, are you the bride from South Carolina?

B
B
my fiance and i will be at ramons for our honeymoon in exactly one week..i will let you know how it is. for us, we liked the idea of staying in the cabana on the beachfront better than the condo type places.

Popular honeymoon places are Ramon's, VH, Portofino, Mata Chica - depends on what you are looking for, price range, etc.

Why not check out O'Farrell House right down the way from Ramon's and The Palms, they can get you a single room rate very affordable. The benefit is it's very private, but close to everything as well. The rooms are very spacious too!

I've stayed at Ramon's & it's alright, but over priced in my humble opinion. The Palms is very nice, more private for sure, but if you're into the palapa look instead of a condo then you'd like Ramon's. I think Victoria House is just about the most beautiful, peaceful & expensive local on the island, perfect for a honeymoon. You'll have agreat time whichever one you choose.

timalpr Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you for your advice. We have not decided where to stay yet, but we are going aug 27th- sep 6th. I didnt really realize how hard this was going to be. We probably only will get to do this once, and we dont want to screw it up. It would help if money was no option, but we need to stay below 4000 including air fare. OUCH.

Ah well, then in that case, take a look at either Suite 10 or 15, at the Blue Tang Inn.

//ambergriscaye.com/bluetang/index.html

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

J
J
My wife and I just returned from a week at Ramon's. We were very pleased with our choice. We also love the cabana type accomodations. We had a beachfront room on the southern end of the property #29. Our view was like a postcard. We were literally 30 feet from the water. A VERY good A/C but no TV. We rented a refrigerator (5$ / day). It is exactly that.....a cabana. Not all the luxuries of a condo. After staying there, if I could choose any room I wanted, I would choose the honeymoon cabana at the southern end. It is very private. There is also a honeymoon cabana at the north end which would be nice as well, but not as private there. It seemed that most of the people from the Palms and other nearby places came to enjoy Ramon's beaches and beach chairs, and they usually stayed on the nothern end since that's where the Palms is. I know there may be nicer accomodations like victoria house, etc. but the location of Ramon's is perfect if you are interested in spending time in town, which you surely will. We were there 7 days and walked to town every day (approx 5 minutes) with no problem at all. It seems that Ramon's is just far enough from town that the foot traffic in front of the resort is very minimal. Overall, you will not go wrong with Ramon's. It seemed like to me that people would stay other places and come to Ramon's to enjoy it's amenities like the beach, bar, pier, etc. Just my opinion. Sorry for the novel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.