Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88018 - 06/14/04 05:34 AM Information help Please
TX-family Offline
Wanting to buy a condo on Ambergris Cay but not sure how it works, found two one at Caribe Island and one at Paradise Villas. Both seem to be nice dose anyone give me their opinions on these two or dose anyone know of others for sale there.
They would be used for family vacation and would be rented out the rest of the time to help pay for them. Was told that the management would that care of the renting out of the unit. Dose anyone have any advise how all this works and what kind of problems i can expect with this type of investment? Would be dealing the the Triton Properties realestate co. Can any one tell me if this is a good real estate Co. Has anyone flown into Cancun and traveled to Belize City by road in a car or bus, is this possible and how safe is it? smile

#88019 - 06/14/04 02:11 PM Re: Information help Please
Anonymous
Hi Texas Family,
I own the MGT co at Caribe Island. I just sent you an email and I hope you will heed the warning.
Does this sound like I am jaded??? YOU BET!!!! A group of owners are trying to steal the company that I bought and paid for. It's called THEFT.
Vicki

#88020 - 06/14/04 03:18 PM Re: Information help Please
bywarren Offline
Now this could get interesting. I was accused of “airing dirty laundry” by a business man from AC on the topic of crime. I would like someone to tell me what I said on that topic that could be considered “airing dirty laundry” since I did not refer to any particular crime on AC only that crime existed ,as it does everywhere, and people should use common sense, and that is a fact.
Now don’t get me wrong. I think Vicki has every right advise people of a potential problem that involves her business. After all, theft is a serious crime.

What will be interesting to me is how others view this board as the place to do that.

Here I go again, probably getting in more trouble. confused

#88021 - 06/14/04 03:44 PM Re: Information help Please
Now Danny Offline
I stayed a banana beach in march. They were/are selling condo's. Check out there web site and contact Tim for info. Bywarren, I don't think you did wrong in any of your post's that I read. Information is power, and not to be conceled. I wish for a spellchecker featcher on this board. I'm sure you all know why.

#88022 - 06/14/04 06:06 PM Re: Information help Please
KWIBMF Offline
Wy dose the bord knead a spellcheker?

#88023 - 06/14/04 06:50 PM Re: Information help Please
Tom Offline
TX-family,

I know both properties that you are asking about and both are nice. Of course Paradise Villas is closer to town so very easy to enjoy all by foot with no problem thatis available in a very small area. You can always take advantage of the things that the part of Ambergris has to offer, futher south of town when you desire to.

I also bought a condo as an investment through one of the companies on front street, but it has changed since then. I do caution you on any puchase that you make as an investment. If you are thinking that the rental of your unit by whom ever is managing it for you when you are not there is going to help you pay for the unit, this is probably not going to happen at least not right away. The high season is very short compared to the low season when everyone is trying to rent at any price. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE DONE ALL OF YOUR HOMEWORK, on the company you want to deal with and the property where the condo is located.
Don't get me wrong, I love San Pedro and I love my condo but somethings just happen some tims that you don't fore see.
If you would like to talk to me off of the chat board you can reach me at tom2speed@msn.com. We also live in TX.

Warren I don't remember you saying anything out of order. Most of your comments are right on.

#88024 - 06/14/04 07:26 PM Re: Information help Please
Anonymous
I agree Tom. Doing your homework is imperative. However, homework isn't enough. You have to know not only the company, but also the people that run that company, and you should also beware of those that might potentially one day run that company, as well as other owners who might band together against you. Remember that people will lie and cheat and steal, so don't trust anyone!!!!
AND, very importantly, some people who are upstanding citizens in the US and other countries, think that they don't have to follow any laws, be them civil, criminal or moral when they leave the US.
I have been physically threatened by one of these people here in Belize, as well as them threatening my dog and even trying to run over her with a golf cart a few weeks ago. Talk about low-lifes!!!!!
And Bywarren, I'm tired of candy-coating "Paradise". While this might not be the place to "air this laundry", I was simply responding to someone who might have made a very costly mistake......... at least now if they make that mistake, they can say they were forwarned.

#88025 - 06/14/04 10:09 PM Re: Information help Please
CrackerLarry Offline
I have been physically threatened by one of these people here in Belize, as well as them threatening my dog and even trying to run over her with a golf cart a few weeks ago. Talk about low-lifes!!!!!

Ibanole, anybody messes with my dogs is dead meat! I'll be there in a week if ya need some help.

#88026 - 06/14/04 10:48 PM Re: Information help Please
Senorfrog Offline
I would recommend checking into Belizan Shores, the Penlands built this resort and now manage it and there are a few for sale. Herm Penland also owns southwind properties in San Pedro so it's kind of a one stop shop. They are very honest folks and will treat you very fairly. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

#88027 - 06/14/04 11:44 PM Re: Information help Please
Tom Offline
ibanole, I agree with you whole heartedly. Some people who come to the island from the states try to make up their own rules to go by and think that they can get away with almost anything, especially if they get some of the people in Belmopan to help them get away with all kinds of stuff if enough money changes hands or enough favor are done. I have seen this first hand. It is too bad when corruption like this takes place but it does. Hopefully these people will really do some investigating before signing any papers.
Kat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.