Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#88036 - 06/14/04 09:05 AM Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
ScubaSnack Offline
Has anyone out there done the Aqua Marina 7 night package offered on Ebay. I've emailed the seller 3 times with no response. That's enough for me to alert my credit card company to reverse the charge.

Anybody heard anything...good or bad? Thanks.

#88037 - 06/14/04 10:26 AM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
Thistle Offline
I stayed at the Aqua Marina in March and am going back to them tomorrow (woo hoo!). I originally booked them through a travel agency, but booked on my own for this trip. I had a fabulous experience there, but have also had a fair amount of difficulty getting through to them via e-mail. You may have better luck calling them--their numbers are 1-800-641-2994 or 011-501-226-4675. You can also check out their website at http://www.aquamarinasuites.com/index.html if you haven't already. I feel your frustration about not getting e-mail responses from them, but I will say that when I was there in March they were a very professional group of people and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Good luck!!

#88038 - 06/15/04 08:25 AM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
ScubaSnack Offline
I've received additional information that it is indeed a scam.

If you bought the package, contact your credit card carrier/Paypal and file a claim. Do not delay...you have limited time to take action. FYI

#88039 - 06/15/04 09:10 PM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
lizzy Offline
My experience at aquamarina was great.

#88040 - 06/17/04 01:30 AM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
taagbu Offline
I also bought the ebay package and have never heard back from the seller. I got a letter from another buyer saying it was a scam and to report it to the www,fbi.gov. I did that and called my credit card company. I also emailed Aquamarina Resorts to let them know this is happening, but they never emailed me back. At least I didn't lose any money, but had to make other arrangements for next month.

#88041 - 06/21/04 12:48 PM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
sisnam Offline

The Aquamarina deal is not a scam. We purchased the same deal on e:bay and went the last week in May. We did not recieve confirmation or any documents at all prior to our arrival. It was so cheap that we assumed if it were a scam it would not cost us very much. When we arrived they had notes that we were coming and provided great accomodations and perfect service. The small print is the requirement to sit through a 1 1/2 hour vacation ownership sales session. A gentlemean named Kenrick will be doing the presentation. Kenrick is a great guy and will not hit you with a high presure sales pitch. The thing we learned on AC was not to assume that anything in Belize is like it is in the states. Just relax and things just kind of get done. Send an e:mail with your arrival info, they will be waiting for you.

#88042 - 07/05/04 12:47 PM Re: Aqua Marina Ebay Scam???
ScubaSnack Offline
Hello sisnam:

You are behind the times. It may have been legit when you went...but it has turned into a scam. The management at Aquamarina will confirm that it is a scam. Again...if anyone out there purchased the package on Ebay, file your claim immediately. You can get your money back if you act quickly. FYI

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,742 Topics
461,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.