Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88133 - 06/15/04 10:48 PM good budget lodging
OK Offline
hello all,

can anyone reccommend a good place to stay in sp that's around $50-60/night for two people? i don't think we need ac but a private bath would be nice. we'll be there in early july.

thanks so much.

#88134 - 06/15/04 11:03 PM Re: good budget lodging
4leafclover Offline
Check out Ruby's it's cheap,clean and in town.

#88135 - 06/16/04 12:01 AM Re: good budget lodging
4leafclover Offline
Got another one for ya...Changes in Latitude, they run about $65us per night for a one bedroom. Located next to The Yacht Club(not ocean front).

#88136 - 06/16/04 12:22 AM Re: good budget lodging
Badco Offline
O.K, try Lilly's or The Conch Shell, both are beach front & right in town near Amigos del Mar dive shop. Enjoy.

#88137 - 06/16/04 01:36 PM Re: good budget lodging
Fluffy Offline
Try contacting Kat @ tom2speed@msn.com. She leases out her condo at the Exoctic Caye Beach Resort. Unit 2B. I've rented it in May and will be again in September. It has AC in the bedroom. A bath w/ shower, kitchenette and a king size bed. The resort has a pool, beach area, restaurant and Crazy Canucks beach bar. The price is very manageable.

You can also go to the resorts website at www.belizeisfun.com and check it out.

#88138 - 06/16/04 04:33 PM Re: good budget lodging
whotsyface Offline
OK,

Check out Hotel Del Rio. We have stayed there 3 times. It's got everything you need! Note I said Need! If you want the Resort Frill's Don't go there. If you want a really friendly Staff, A clean Room, and a Safe environment Go there! It is a 3 minute walk to the Hand Ferry and about a 5-7 minute walk into the center of town. We always walked into town in the am and then walked back to the hotel at night after several Drinks, no problems ever! It's a short walk between town and the hotel and we did the walk a few times a day.
La Popular Bakery is right behind them, and Dalia's convenience store is behind them as well so you always have beer and fresh baked goods two minutes away!

Check them out! They can also help you set up any fishing, snorkeling etc....

http://ambergriscaye.com/hoteldelrio/index.html

Have fun
Mark

#88139 - 06/16/04 05:12 PM Re: good budget lodging
BiggieFL Offline
Corona Del Mar....ocean front, free breakfast & rum punch(awesome & strong), great staff and most of all CLEAN, private bathroom, A/C, Satelite TV, etc for ONLY $55 per night for 2 people.

#88140 - 06/16/04 07:21 PM Re: good budget lodging
OK Offline
thank you so much for your responses. it's my first time to belize and i'm so excited i can almost not stand it.

thanks again,
o.k.

#88141 - 06/16/04 08:16 PM Re: good budget lodging
whotsyface Offline
One more small tip.... And others can tell you if they agree or not. If you go the the Restaurants on the beach you will be paying a few more dollars per plate than if you went to the places that are back on the streets...

Also, This is a must...There is a lady that sells taco's and I think Empinada's outside of Dalia's at night. They are cheap and OH MY GOD I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING SOOOOOOO GOOD IN MY LIFE!!!!

I asked her how she did it and unfortunately it was after an evening of the Belikin... So I don't quite remember her recipe.... but try and find her around 7 or 8 I think...

OH ya, Go to COCO's it is down the street by the San Pedro Super market right by the Statue in the middle of town. 4 of us ate there.... 3 lobster dinners and 1 half chicken, Beers too... The bill 25 American. Granted that was 1.5 years ago but I doubt it went up much... Your lucky going in Lobster Season. I think we always forget about that when we are booking our flights.

take care, Have fun!
M

#88142 - 06/17/04 12:09 AM Re: good budget lodging
Barbara K Offline
The beach places are not necessarily more expensive. Lily's is good, cheap and right on the beach. Jambel Jerk is almost directly on the beach and not expensive. BC's, etc...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.