Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#88260 - 06/17/04 07:55 PM Weather in August
JeffS Offline
I have not previously been to Belize but have a friend who loves it and has just bought a home there. Based on what I've heard from him and others, my family and I have decided we'd love to spend some time in AC this summer. Unfortunately we can't make the trip until August and I have read that going in August might be a mistake. A couple of books and web sites I've visited speak about the "Mauger season" in August when the winds stop, the heat becomes unbearable, the insects become "ferocious" and even the locals stay inside. Am I better off waiting until next June/July (my kids are in school and summer is the only time we can make it)?
Thanks for your help.
Jeff

#88261 - 06/17/04 08:08 PM Re: Weather in August
SP Daily Offline
It's not all that bad and only lasts 10 days or so...maybe not even that long. And it may come in July or September. Just come and have fun. If it's maugah spend more time in the water.

#88262 - 06/17/04 08:30 PM Re: Weather in August
mobunny Offline
We were in SP for a week last August. It was hot, but I didn't find it any hotter or buggier (is that a word??) than when we were there in March. Matter of fact I think I liked the weather even better in August. It wasn't as windy. It hardly rained...just once for 1/2 an hour on our last day. I have never even seen a bug, particularly a mosquito the two times I have been to SP. We are returning this August for two weeks and are not concerned about the weather. Go and enjoy...a lot can happen between now and next summer. 49 days and counting. mobunny cool

#88263 - 06/18/04 12:38 AM Re: Weather in August
Tom Offline
I am in San Pedro in August often as that is when the Costa Maya Festival takes place. This year Aug.5,6,7 & 8. I have experienced times when the trades winds quit but they come back soon usually and it is not so bad as lond as you are on the beach at one of the beach bars or are in the water, diving or snorkling.

But let me tell you Tuki Tuki sure gets hot if those winds quit while she is out. For pics go to the ambergriscaye.com we-site and look under Costa Maya 1998 & 1999.
Kat

#88264 - 06/18/04 01:00 AM Re: Weather in August
Fluffy Offline
You rock Tuki Tuki. I wish I was going to be there in August to see you. You'll have to get lots of pictures and get them posted.

Take care!

#88265 - 06/18/04 02:01 PM Re: Weather in August
seashell Offline
It was late August when some of my dive buds looked up while diving at Cypress and saw the whale shark.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Syrsteve, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,002 Topics
462,162 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.