Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88542 - 06/24/04 09:24 AM 4th of July celebration?
Goin Belize Offline
We are traveling with our 15 and 10 year old boys and are staying at Caribe over the 4th. Is there a celebration among U.S. folks? Not really expecting to find one but would hate to miss it for not knowing! Any thoughts on where we're staying and what we should do (besides snorkel as much as possible) would be appreciated! Oh, do Taxis go to Caribe (one of the tour books said no). Should we rent a cart by the week or depend on the Caribe's shuttle?

#88543 - 06/24/04 09:30 AM Re: 4th of July celebration?
bywarren Offline
Check with Pedro about the celebrations on the 4th. Being the good Brit that he is, I am sure he wants the day to be special. Get another guide book, one that gives accurate info. cool

#88544 - 06/24/04 10:27 AM Re: 4th of July celebration?
Djean Offline
Goin Belize, I have posted a reply on the "school supplies" topic for you, but don't if you got it.

As you would have your sons with you, I suggest getting a cart.

Caribe Island is a long way away from town.

I would also suggest doing an inland day trip to one of the ruins, Altun Ha or Lamanai.

#88545 - 06/24/04 01:54 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
angelica Offline
No need to worry about taxi, Caribe Island provides transportation to and from the resort, all you need to do, is to let the resort know exactly the time that you will be arriving and the amount of persons that will be traveling.

They also have a daily shuttle that leaves the resort on a daily bases, Hours are 10, 1, 3:30 and 6:00 and return at 9:00pm.

The resort can also arrange your golfcart, for amount of time that you will be staying. Enjoy and have a wonderful time at the resort, make sure that you ask the bartender Albert, he makes some mean Bailey's Colada and Rum punch the best on the Island.

#88546 - 06/24/04 02:38 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
Barbara K Offline
Caribe also provide free bikes for guests so you may not need a cart at all. Caribe is one of the best places to stay with kids - lots to do on site (water trampoline, kayaks, pedal boats, water bikes, etc). Definitely do a day trip to the mainland. Have fun!

#88547 - 06/24/04 05:02 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
Goin Belize Offline
Djean-I didn't get your message. Will you please post the information here? I leave soon and I don't know how to get it to you....

#88548 - 06/24/04 07:30 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
Goin Belize Offline
If we are going to take a morning snorkel cruise would we call a cab to get to San Pedro? Are there snorkel boats leaving from Caribe? Beacuse of this board, I'm hoping to catch up with Tulu - hope he'll be available as soon as we land!

#88549 - 06/24/04 07:33 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
SP Daily Offline
Tulu will pick you up in his boat at your hotel... anytime you wish. He's the best!

#88550 - 06/24/04 07:38 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
Pedro1 Offline
Please remember there is only one country that does not have to celebrate independance and it is not England.

#88551 - 06/24/04 07:48 PM Re: 4th of July celebration?
scubabarbi Offline
:p Pedro1 what country would that be?? laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 82 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.