Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#88743 06/28/04 11:42 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all,

Just wondering what would be a good deal to AC from Newark Airport?? I'm planning on a January trip and so far haven't seen anything less than $600..and that's with a connection in Houston with Continental.. Should I hop on it or wait until closer??

What's the quickest, easiest route from NY area?? I'd be willing to schlep over to LGA or JFK if it's worth the time and tolls...

Thanks in advance,
Melody

Have you priced direct flight to Miami and then Miami to Belize City? Cost wise, you may be able to save a little but at least it is more direct then flying to Houston. We found Marcia Travel (1-800-568-3608) best for Belize air fare from Miami. (Haven't used them recently however, so not aware of current prices.)

gforrest.imageculture.com
The quickest and easiest is the non stop on CO on Saturday. Should be equally priced (if not a bit cheaper due to less taxes) as the connections through Houston. USAir has been having some good rates from NYC too. The average from the NYC area is about $500 R/T +/-. Rates are dependent on availability so you can wait for a sale (which will probably come along bewteen now & then)if you are somewhat flexible, but the choice dates may not be available.

I don't advise booking it point to point as Everglades recommends. It is illegal and the airlines have really been cracking down on it. If you spend a night in Miami each way, then it's OK and legal.

Try programming the city pairs into Yahoo Travel or Travelocity and it will notify you every time the rates change. And sign up for the fare notification on USAir's site as well. And check the fares often - they have been changing almost daily these days!

M
OP Offline
M
Is there only a nonstop from Newark on Saturdays?? Any other nonstops from New York area to BZE at all??? With kids, the less connections the better...

Thanks again,
Melody

J
J
melody, just for the heck of it i went to expedia and logged on jan 3 mon til jan the following tues for 2 adults and 2 kids age 5 and 8 and got 551 p/p contin. air. newark thru houston to belize dep 752 am into bze at 3pm!! john in denver, you can also try pricline where you have choices now but can still see a reduction...good luck!

J
J
melody by the way you always are better off flying, rate wise tues wed thurs you can usually find your best rates there. so go back and forth a day or so and you can find rates change substantially if you are flexible john/denver

yes only non stop fron NY area is CO on Saturdays.

Hi Barbara K, "Illegal", that's interesting. I had no idea. I'm curious, why is making flight arrangements illegal? (Learn something everyday around here)

Hi Barbara, The more I thought about your "illegal" statement the more incredulous it seemed, so I called American Airlines. You obviously know something AA doesn't know because as far as they are concerned there is no reason why these arrangements can't be made by an indiviual and further, it is not necessary to stay overnight in Miami.
I'm sure you are basing your statement on something and I'm still curious what it is. Thanks.

Booking a flight from wherever to Miami and then booking a flight from Miami to Belize, separately, is called booking it point to point, rather than booking it from wherever directly to Belize. If a travel agent does this to save the client $$, and it is caught by the airline, the travel agent will receive a debit memo for the amount of the difference plus a fine. Maybe an individual can do it now (or has less chance of getting caught) or maybe it is just the airlines sticking it to the agents (as usual)...wouldn't surprise me at all! If you feel the need to check up on this, try calling the airline several times. I am sure you will get many different answers. I am just going by my experience as a travel agent for 21 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.