Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#88807 07/01/04 12:55 PM
S
S
Hi Dan and Jan we are leaving for A/C tomorrow staying at Capt. Morgan's. What is the best way to get into town. Did you eat at the restaurant at the resort or go into town for dinner? confused

#88808 07/01/04 01:38 PM
senorfrog
will be moving to corpus christi next june. im bringing one of texas's daughters home at last. ive been hiding
her up in the mountains of montana for the past ten years. time to get her home. going to build out on north padre island. its not a.c. but an island never the less.

#88809 07/01/04 02:44 PM
K
K
Hi! I don't know what your budget is but I stayed with a group of 10 at Casa Tortuga last year. It may be too large for your group: it has 5 bedrooms. CT is absolutely fabulous. Also, it comes with a cook/housekeeper who serves 3 incomparable meals a day. Maria also serves appetizers at the end of the day and frozen drinks all day long. Of course, you plan your meals with Maria and you don't always have to eat there. Just let her know how many will be there for meals and what you would like. She usually prepares a decadent dessert for dinner. We chose 2 nights to dine out (Wednesday and Friday) which gave Maria 2 well-deserved nights off. There is also a grand pool, which is the largest private pool in Belize. I cannot say enough good things about Casa Tortuga and especially Maria. Check it out on the lodging page. Happy Travels!

#88810 07/01/04 03:32 PM
Sandal: The wife and I will be heading to Capt Morgans this Saturday, so we'll probably see you there. We've been before. Best bet to and from town is to ask the front desk what time CM's has boats running to/from town and catch their (free) ride. They won't have anything after 5:00 though, so that'll require bike, cart, or water taxi ($5 pp each way). Now that the hand ferry is 24/7 I plan to rent a cart for the week.

Our next door neighbors are headed there tomorrow. Keep your eyes open for them - they'll be around the bar, the ones with the Belikins in their hands. Good luck.

#88811 07/01/04 04:41 PM
Are you looking for lodging with kitchen facilities? If so, Cap'n Ron's Paradise Villa is a perfect location for first timers. A five min. walk to 2 grocery stores, 10 min. to heart of town, has a pool and is beachfront. Spent 8 days in his unit and had a fantastic time. The staff is superb. They'll pick up & deliver you to the airstrip; confirm both the incoming & outgoing flights. Might also add, the decor of the downstairs unit will WOW ya!

#88812 07/01/04 07:05 PM
S
S
Thanks Jamblu, We'll look for you. Where is the best place to rent a golf cart? Someone mentioned a place called Monkey .... or something. Should we rent it as soon as we get there? Do you rent the electric or the gas carts? cool

#88813 07/01/04 07:16 PM
C
C
Has anyone stayed at the Costa Maya Reef Resort? Where on the island is it located? Thanks.

#88814 07/01/04 08:46 PM
The place you are referring to is Monkey Business which is at Banana Beach resort just south of town. That's a good place; as of now I'm thinking I'll rent from them. Plus I think you'll past the Belikin Distributorship on the way, so pick up your beer on the way back. I'd suggest waiting to rent a cart until you get there, ask around and negotiate if you can.

You'll want a gas cart if you're staying north of town. You can do electric but you'll need to trade them in everyday, and there's no guarantee how long they last. I got stuck up north with one once, learned my lesson, going with gas from now on. If you go w/electric go with Monchos b/c they have a location right next to CM - only cart place up north that I'm aware of.

#88815 07/01/04 08:51 PM
Cajun - Costa Maya is WAY north; I think six miles from town. Find the "maps" on this website and you should see it. It may be called Avalon on the map - not sure if they've changed the name on it or not.

See my story above about why I don't rent electric carts up north? I went from Captain Morgans to Costa Maya the day that happened.

#88816 07/03/04 12:37 AM
Sandal. Sorry I didn't get back to you as Jan and I were out of town. We did eat a good share of our meals at CM's and the food is great depending on your budget. On the days that we wanted to be in town we would catch a free ride on CM's boat into town and ride the ferry back. We did rent a cart from CM's one day to take our friends on a tour of the island. I would not like to take the road to CM's at night with our good lights on the cart as the road is a little tough in places. There are several good places to eat with in walking distance so you are not stuck always eating there. I hope you have a great time and I will look forward to reading your trip report. Dan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.