Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88817 06/28/04 05:10 PM
OP Offline
We thought we would sleep a little late on vacation, but the sun rises at 5:30 a.m. or so and so did we. Picking out our daily attire was easy since bathing suit, shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops were considered well dressed. Pull hair in ponytail and put on visor. There is absolutely no need for flat irons, curling irons, rollers, or any other hair tool. The wind fixes it perfectly.

Free breakfast at El Divino was excellent. Not a typical continental breakfast, but very filling egg, fruit, and pastries. We decided to head South to explore. You can only go so far. Lots of construction. A few places to pull over and view the gorgeous water. Beautiful houses. We were tempted to ask if we could look at the inside of some, but found out they were actually single family homes where people lived. Not for rent.

We decided to turn around and go all the way into town and to the cut. To get to the ferry, you actually travel through a residential area. Well, we didn't see a true residential area because businesses were always mixed in with houses. We saw just how fortunate Americans are when we passed through this area. Houses were the size of one room. The kitchen and bedroom were in the same room. It didn't look like anyone had washers and dryers because we saw several people handwashing clothes and hanging them out to dry. Regardless, everyone was all smiles.

I was expecting a ferry like those in New Orleans. To our surprise, it was a hand pulled ferry that held 4 golf carts and a few bicycles and people. That was actually too much on it in our opinion! We saw the cutest kids playing in the water beside the ferry and had to stop to take a few pictures of them. As we said before, everyone is very friendly and loves getting their pictures taken. We did not go North of the cut on this day.

Even though it was only 10 a.m., we decided to go back to BC's for our first drink of the day. Wonderful rum punch. After a few more, we went to Blue Water Grille for lunch, where we met Chris and the owner of Sweet Basil, Wayne. Best Cobb salad ever.

By this time, no telling how many rum punches, beer, and glasses of wine we had, so we were ready to check out Fido's. It's not a bustling afternoon hang out, but that gave us the opportunity to meet Malcolm Hitchcock III, the owner. Every time we saw him, he gave us his entire name. Only one drink at Fido's and decided to return to BB to hang out at the pool.

We had dinner at Caliente and had Coconut Curry Chicken among other things. This is a must have. One of my favorite meals. We returned to Fido's since Barefoot Skinny was playing. It was great. The music was 70s/80s, which had the crowd really into it. However, because we had been up since sunrise, our night ended early again and we were in bed by 11:00 anticipating BC's BBQ.

#88818 06/28/04 05:42 PM
I love the way you're doing your trip report by day. Keep em coming. I'm living vicariously through you right now. I don't get back until September. Boo hoo!!!!

#88819 06/28/04 08:36 PM
I just want to know why you waited until 10 AM to have your first drink...??? is that legal??

#88820 06/28/04 08:45 PM
K
K
Hi Knotborde! I'm just south of you in Macon. I went to AC and stayed at a villa on the south end. You probably saw it. It was Casa Tortuga and was large and pink. I'm looking forward to my next trip in March.

#88821 06/29/04 02:09 PM
Howdy! We will be in AC July 8th but have not been in a very long time. The ferry carries 4 golf carts????????? The last time I was there it only fit 1 golf cart at a time... Wow, can't wait to see the changes on the isla! It has been 10 yrs...

#88822 06/29/04 02:24 PM
S
S
The ferry carries 2 carts at a time, plus lots of bikes and pedestrians.

#88823 06/29/04 03:12 PM
OP Offline
When we got on the golf cart a few days later, they squeezed 4 carts on it! Two side by side and two behind us side by side. Also, had bikes and pedestrians. I was actually scared we would sink.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.