Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#88841 - 06/29/04 08:18 PM Going to Belize for the 1st time
gv Offline
Hi - I just booked my vacation to Belize - going 5 days to San Pedro and 4 days to Placencia, August 6 to the 16th.

I have couple of concers:
1st I was planning to drive from Belize City to Placencia. Is that recommended since I read that in August it rains a lot, and it is difficult to drive?

2nd - Is it true that in August it's not very sunny and that it rains a lot. I was bummed when I read that.
Thanks -

#88842 - 06/29/04 08:23 PM Re: Going to Belize for the 1st time
mobunny Offline
I was in San Pedro last August for seven days. It rained once for 30 minutes on our last morning. No worries, mon. Go forth and enjoy. 37 days and counting - mobunny

#88843 - 06/29/04 10:57 PM Re: Going to Belize for the 1st time
Djean Offline
go ahead, drive from Belize City to Placencia.

The road is paved all the way from Belize City to the junction of Placencia.

The road into Placencia is a dirt one but should be OK.

I agree with mobunny on what she is saying about the rian.

Just come to Belize and have fun in the sun (-:

#88844 - 06/30/04 08:25 AM Re: Going to Belize for the 1st time
cajunman Offline
24 days and counting

#88845 - 06/30/04 11:00 AM Re: Going to Belize for the 1st time
njmichael Offline
I've only been to Belize twice (I'll be back in August!) but in my experience I would recommend taking a flight from Belize City to Placencia if you are staying anywhere close to the airport there. Belize has a very efficient, convenient and inexpensive internal flight network. I've flown from Belize City to Dangriga and from Belize City to Corozal Town (with a stop in San Pedro to get a few drinks at BCs).

I've not taken the drive from Belize City to Placencia but it seems like it would be a rather long one (although with some beautiful scenery). Perhaps someone else here has taken that drive and would be able to estimate how long it takes?

Anyway, most folks on this board would know a lot better than I but taking a flight from Belize City to Plancencia is one other option to consider. Either way you'll have a great trip. Enjoy!

EDIT: After I posted this I realized you said you would be in San Pedro before travelling to Placencia. You may be able to get a direct flight from San Pedro to Placencia, which would save a lot of time. I can't verify this but check with Tropic or Maya Air.

#88846 - 07/06/04 04:45 PM Re: Going to Belize for the 1st time
gv Offline
Thank you for your reply. It was all very helpful.
I went to couple of websites but did not find a direct flight from San Pedro to Placencia. I will have to stop in Belize city.

I am not sure if I will fly or drive; I'll just wait until I get there.

Thanks Again and can't wait to go to Belize :-)

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.