Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We loved AC so much that we're headed back in February. Staying at the Palms again and will be there for Carnaval!

T
T
My husband and I are going to AC for the first time in Dec/Jan. We're considering the Palms. Are the 1 bd-rms roomy enough or should we go with the 2 bd-rms? I'd appreciate any feed-back you can give! Thanks!

Tradewinds responds best if the word "Belikin" is included in your post. wink

We are coming back 29 Jan-13 Feb 2005. Belikin.
When is Carnaval?? We are saying at the Blue Tang also where we stayed last time. Belikin.
It is still a long time but I cannot wait. Belikin.

TandC, do you and your husband like to sleep in separate rooms or just separate beds?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
ronmyway, I resemble that comment!

OP Offline
T and C, the 1 br was plenty big for us, and besides, we weren't in the condo that often during the day.

OP Offline
I think Carnaval starts 5 days before Ash Wednesday, which is Feb 9th.

So, since I have never been to Carnaval anywhere, my question is--what exactly happens???

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Ronmyway,
I have now been to 3 MardiGras-- Carnavals in San Pedro. It's a fun time, if you keep an open mind, and leave the fancy duds at home. It's a time for parades, lots of local dancing, some great music, and "painting". The majority of local children will only "paint" you if you allow them to, just keep in mind that once you say "yes", you are then fair game. My friend was covered tip to toe, including having an egg busted on her head, but she allowed it. I just wanted a little bit of face paint, and everyone was pretty respectful of that. My husband, right next to me, got nothing.
It can get out of hand, as you will notice the paint all over San Pedro's buildings right after Mardi Gras. One would hope that the painters would be more respectful of public and private property, but that hasn't been the case in the past.
Have fun, and enjoy!!!! (But like I said.... open mind.....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.