Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Hi All!!! Need some help! We are going to AC tomorrow for a week. What is the breakdown of cash to traveler's chex that we should take. ie...50/50 , 70/30 etc. etc. etc. plus is it easy to cash the traveler's chex? Can you use ATM's? What is the % of business that take credit cards.

Thanks all...

O
O
Cash is the easiest to use. We usually got back Belizian currency, be sure to get rid of that before you leave. We used travelers checks at most restaurants. Didn't try ATM's.

Can I come???

Breakdown will be a personal decision. We took plenty of both. Traveler's checks easy to cash at the banks...will require passport & ID. No fee to exchange into BZ but a nominal fee to exchange for US dollars. If memory serves me, there is one ATM machine & it only accepts a couple type cards {BZ ?]. We took ours for use in the states, if needed. For us, it was easiest to exchange the US to BZ instead of making payment in US dollars.

Have a great time!

Like okie said...Can I come?

Me to Me to!!!

I've got the return-home-blues somthing terrible!!!

Haven't been on AC since they were installed, but, reportedly there's an ATM in San Pedro that works with Star and Plus systems - fees will apply. Search the thread to find more information.

We always enter Belize with several hundred in cash - all locations freely accept US dollars, give change in Belizean or mix of BZ & US. I like using travelers checks because they fit in easily with how we travel and what we do. We often stay toward the north end of town and walk along the beach, which makes it dead easy to change checks to cash at Milo's office. The added benefit is that Milo's gives you a portion of the exchange fee as well. Last time we were there we got 205 to 207 BZ for every 100 US. Not a big deal, but, it's better than paying a fee at the bank.... I don't want to sound like a shill, but, Milo's is the best exchange deal we found - on the north end of Front Street, across from a golf cart rental place. (Polo's)

A lot of places accept credit cards - we've used them with no problem. The only catch is that some merchants tack on a transaction fee to cover the 2 or 4% fee charged by the clearing house. We also found that some tour operators were willing to give a discount because we were booking 4 to 6 people together - but they wouldn't do that if paid with plastic.

S
S
Milos is a good deal but has relocated to the West side of middle street.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.