Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89478 07/13/04 05:19 PM
OP Offline
I will be visiting Ambergris Aug. 23-30, and still need to find a room. There will be 2 of us women, and we definitely want a pool and to be close to San Pedro. I dive and my friend snorkels. So far it's down to Sunbreeze, Paradise Villas, Ramon's (do not yet know cost at Ramon's), and Zanadu. I was hoping to find a place with a pool for less than $100 a nite, but have had no luck. I've heard I should wait until I get there to get a better deal. Any comments or suggestions will be very much appreciated regarding the ones I mentioned or any I have overlooked. Thank you in advance, and I'm looking forward to meeting locals and expats alike.

FPTWR
#89479 07/13/04 06:12 PM
E
E
Check out Banana Beach. They have all you neeed and within your budget. Have fun !

#89480 07/13/04 07:13 PM
P
P
The Tides fits your needs perfectly and although the pool does not appear on their web site yet it is there and very nice too.

#89481 07/13/04 08:09 PM
The pool's not large and it's away from the beach area, but Seven Seas is definitely in your price range. The place isn't fancy, but, since we're seldom in the condo for anything more than sleeping, shower and breakfast, it's always been fine. And, it's darned close to La Popular Bakery and Papi's - can't go wrong.

#89482 07/13/04 08:27 PM
we stay at Seven Seas also, and really love the fact that the pool is private and hidden from the beach.....too many of the pools are accessible from the beach, and anyone can use them if you buy a drink at their bar or something...

#89483 07/14/04 08:12 AM
Johnboy who posts here regularly discussed with me last week in Belize how they love Mata Rocks. The bar there, Squirrels Nest is where us boarders met Friday the 9th and had a wonderful time. They showed me their room; it appeared to be lovely. Johnboy and Texasgal say they have stayed there every visit for 4 years. Check out Mata Rocks, I believe it will be in your budget. They have a pool and are not too far from town.

#89484 07/14/04 09:45 AM
Having stayed at both Seven Seas Resort and the Tides I would have to say that I would try the Tides.

Seven Seas was great! The pool was wonderful, The staff was very professional, and the location was excellent.

Now having said that, I love the seclusion that I felt at the Tides. The Staff that Sabrina has is the best! (imho) Their prices are fair. They make you feel like family. There's no other place I would stay. We left last year on the day the Tides started to build their pool so I haven't seen it yet. (can anybody from this board post a pic of it!!)

I like there location also. (just half a block closer to town than Seven Seas)

It sounds like everything you are looking for. Of course this is just my opinion.

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
#89485 07/14/04 01:32 PM
Just curious, why did you prefer a place without a kitchenette, to a unit with a kitchenette?

You said that you loved the "seclusion" that you felt at the Tides but then mentioned that it is closer to town than Seven Seas. I'm a bit confused by this, not to mention my own observation that Seven Seas is somewhat more "secluded". The Tides is more open and also, right at the corner of a side street and across from Patojos dock. . .not that there's all that much traffic, but still. wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#89486 07/14/04 02:18 PM
P
P
Seashell, do you have a problem with The Tides/Patojo's? I seem to remember a negative feel from you last time you posted about them too.

Nobody even mentioned a kitchen, and the term seclusion was subjective and related to their stay there, not physical seclusion - they even said this. Equally your observation of secluded is also subjective, as a resort with another three story resort five feet away on one side, and buildings on all sides except the beach is more secluded than one with buildings on only two sides? But then you did admit to being confused.

#89487 07/14/04 02:26 PM
Absolutely not. It's a very nice place and Patojo's is a good outfit. I'm sorry that you read everything I say as negative.

You are right, no one ever mentioned a kitchen until I did. I like to have a kitchen, so I was merely asking them, why they don't mind not having one, especially since their first experience was *with* a kitchen. As for being confused, there was a hidden question in my post. While son of a son, said "seclusion", I was wondering if he didn't really mean "inclusion", since he went on to discuss feeling a part of the family and all.

I repeat, I've nothing at all against the Tides. Really like the area and it has a nice little bar. If you dive Patojos, it's an excellent location.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.