Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
OP Offline
K
Hi,
I'm planning my first trip to Belize in December. I'm debating between Playa Blanca (first choice), Banana Beach, or Tradewinds Resorts. Does anyone have any experiences or info they can share? Thanks!! smile

Kim

Interesting selection. What is your criteria?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Just to clarify, Tradewinds is actually a part of Paradise Villas -- there are several groups that own condos at this place at the north end of town, including Tradewinds. And there are two Playa Blancas - Gaz Cooper's condo/apartments and also a two-bedroom villa rental. Banana Beach has the original one-bedroom suites and the newer rooms and one- to four-bedroom units in the addition.

All of these can be good choices. It just depends on what you are looking for and where you want to be -- at the north end of town, way up on North Ambergris, or 1 1/2 miles south of town.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for both replies. Basically our criteria is:

1) Diving
2) Not a big party resort (but close to town for some fun!)
3) Diving
4) Restaurants within walking distance
5) Diving smile

As an aside, Lan, I subscribed to your magazine today. Looks good! smile

Kim

Playa Blanca is not what you are looking for, other than Gaz Cooper's place offers lots of great diving with a great DM. Playa Blanca is way north.

You want to be close to town, then your selection of Paradise Villas is good.

K
OP Offline
K
I think that the Playa Blanca is Gaz Cooper's place -- they said there's a dive operation on site ... I think we can get water taxis into town, right? We just don't want to be right in the middle of a spring break type thing. Wow - I think I just became my parents!! smile

Kim

Playa Blanca is an area, but also Gaz' place is called Playa Blanca etc.

For sure, he offers a great place to stay and a great diving experience. As Gaz will tell you, they will make sure that you get to town often enough to enjoy yourselves. And going to town with Andy, is always a treat anyway.

Don't worry about the spring break thing . . not even in the spring.

Oh yeah, and don't worry about becoming your parents. Even your parents wouldn't be like your parents in San Pedro. wink

yat Offline
Well said, Seashell!

(say that 3 times fast)

Just to clarify Playa blanca

Playa Blanca is a large area with several different private homes and residential lots Playa Blanca island Villa is a rental home and my place Playa Blanca Beach Club is the only resort in the Playa Blanca area and has our dive operation onsite.

We are located 10 minutes North of town by boat and water ferry service is provided by siland ferry every 2 hours into town and back we also run our own service for our guests and ensure that any of our guests can make the short 10-15 minute boat ride into town when they wish in addition our boat is on your timing and you can eat dinner party or whatever and come back when YOU want to without being on someone elses schedule.

Staying at Playa Blanca Beach Club we focus primarily on DIVING and operate only 2 diveboats and take only 6-8 divers per boat we dive without time contraints so you get the best sites long bottom times and uncrowded boats and personal dive service.
At PBDBC you also get peace tranquility and you quickly become part of our familly we are small provide personal service did i say peace and tranquility :-) but within easy access to town when you want hell they even rent golf carts up here now.

There are 4 restaurants within walking distance and 2 more that are 1 minute by boat

If your looking to be in town every night partying though North is not for you better choice would be in town.

Gaz

K
OP Offline
K
Gaz (and everyone)... thanks so much for your replies. I'm just waiting to hear back from Ultimate Dive, someone was working on the travel plans for me. I appreciate the explanation about Playa Blanca, as I said I've never been to Belize so this is a learning experience. I'm so excited about this trip I don't know how I can wait until December!! smile

Kim

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.