Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90081 07/29/04 01:57 AM
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, just looking for some guidance. We are in Belize for three weeks in Feb. We have already booked with Mata Rocks for our first week on Ambergris Caye. We were hoping to just wing it from there and go wherever we fancy rather than planning ahead for the extra two weeks. Is this going to be possible or is it too difficult? We would like to do lots of things but want to be fairly casual about plans and see where our adventure takes us. At the same time, we don't want to end up unable to find acommodation because we have left it too late. We are planning to stay a night in Corozal, hopefully visit some Mayan sites, go down the coast to the South of Belize and maybe hit the jungle also. We do not like to be with groups of tourists and are far more interested in meeting and learning about the local cultures. Look forward to hearing your views.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

#90082 07/29/04 07:09 AM
G
G
I thought you were going to talk about buffalo wings...

2nd topic: Are there any good "wings" places in BZE?

1st topic: I hear you on that outlook....keep it loose. Here's my general (never been to bze) view on the topic...
I find it is best to do a lot of research before winging it somewhere. Call the places you'd like to stay if you do go there. Ask them about their room availability for your dates, and explain your situation...ask about their reservation cancellation policy, and if it looks tight, make a reservation that you may have to cancel...(works best in large hotels).
Make a list of 10-15 places to stay, along with phone numbers and web/physical addresses, in case your dates change.
Also see if there is a phone number of a local travel agency, as they're the true experts, even try calling them and see what they reccomend
Depending on how sociable you are, you can do it the really exciting way and make no reservations, hoping to meet some cool locals or other travellers that you can bunk with a couple nights (2 nights max, unless established relationship)
either way, as long as you're good at adapting, you'll be fine...

#90083 07/29/04 10:13 AM
Winging it is fairly safe as far as accomodations. Use San Pedro as a base of ops and call around once you are there. Purchase a BTL phone card at one of the grocery stores. If you get stuck somewhere it is a pretty easy trip back to the island and you can usually find a place. Or just call other places and it is usually a 15 -30 minute plane ride across the country.

As far as chicken wings go. Jerk wings at Jambel's kick butt along with a nice Red Stripe Beer or I hear that the Riverside Sports Bar has good one's too (both in San Pedro)

#90084 07/30/04 02:08 AM
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to ask a question about chicken not too long ago which was responded to with much mirth so I shall make no comment on the chicken wings. We are very social and hope to meet lots of new people and have a huge adventure. We are not conventional by any means so I doubt we would be able to function to a conventional itinerary.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.