Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#90115 - 07/30/04 03:52 PM Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
CAPTAIN bigzeke Offline
First let me begin that this report is completely unbiased as I do not know the owners of either
Casa Picasso or Capicorns. I have I am quite sure eaten at almost every restaurant on San
Pedro at one time or the other and these are my choices as the best and second best on the
island. The reason why I like Capicorns a little better is because it is just so damn
beautiful. What could be better than taking a boat at night from your dock to Capicorns?
As my 13 year old daughter exclaimed, “ It is the bomb!” I am pretty sure that means she
likes it? Well anyway Capicorn’s wine list is to die for and the appy’s and entree’s were
truly outstanding. The only reason I decided to post here was because there are new
owners there and I promised myself I would give them a try. My meal was honestly better
than any I ever had when the previous owners were running the show. My hats off to the
new proprietors and I wish them nothing but success!
There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.

#90116 - 07/30/04 04:22 PM Re: Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
O.K., first two weeks of November, we'll give 'er a go again. Ya KNOW I trust ya, ..... well most of the time. Got a SERIOUS birthday with a traveling companion the 3rd of that first week we'll get them to give it a third go around.

#90117 - 07/31/04 09:36 AM Re: Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
captjeff Offline
captain , big zeke ,,this means alot as you are in this line of work ,and are the expert here ..!!!I like casa,picasso ,nice food nice folks who work hard at it ,will report in my capt jeff's august fishing and food report .will have to try dine there one night !!!!!. capicorns ,sounds like the new ownners can talk the talk and walk the walk ,good for them ..I was a investor in a few profitable restaurtants years ago ,and know a little about how tough it is ..if they can pass your test it must be the real deal .....
Living The Dream Every Day!

#90118 - 08/01/04 12:24 PM Re: Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
cajunman Offline
we just got back( trip report and pics coming soon)....we actually ate at both places twice, as we found both of them very enjoyable, we actually would rate them as Casa Picasso-1, and Capricorn's 1A.....the main difference probably being that we were at Capricorn's in the afternoon both times, and didnt meet Regan and Merrit while we were there( met them earlier in the week), while Chris took very special care of us both times at Picasso's......more details to come.....

#90119 - 08/02/04 05:35 PM Re: Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
Beachy Offline
I must say that I am very proud to be in such good company as Capricorn. I agree, Capricorn is a beautiful spot and the food is always superb! thanks to all!!
Casa Picasso
Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen

#90120 - 08/02/04 06:59 PM Re: Capicorn #1 & Casa Picasso #2
Ernie B Offline
You smooth talking devil ! laugh

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (WWIII, Pokey, 3 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,182 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.