Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a water taxi from A/C to Caye Caulker & also how long does it take?

Also... any suggestions on where to get good, cheap food for lunch on Caye Caulker.

6 DAYS & counting!!! Thanks for any help!!! smile

Lori
Rasta Pasta has good inexpensive food on Caye Caulker. Don't remember what the water taxi fare was for r/t AC to CC, was about a 25 minute ride. Take along your snorkeling gear and snorkel the cut!
Coco

Coco
I think the water tax fare was $20.00 US or $40.00 BZ round trip. We ate at the Happy Lobster and it was very good. Also, make sure you get down to the Cut. Fun place to hang out, soak up some sun, and drink some Belikins.

Enjoy!

I'll be there in 6 more weeks cool

Water Taxi is 35 bzd round trip with boats leaving at 8, 9:30 and 11:30 a.m., 1:00, 2:30 and 4:30 (I hope I got the schedule right) The ride is 1/2 hour.
--Lee

D
OP Offline
D
Great! CoCoLady- I'm glad to hear about the snorkeling at the cut 'cause from other sites on the Interent, it appeared that Caye Caulker was not a good snorkeling destination. I am so excited!

Lori
DrewLori~
Can't wait till I can get back there in January to spend a day or two on Caye Caulker again!
Coco Loco

Coco
D
OP Offline
D
Coco Loco Lady,

Whats your favorite time of year to visit Belize?
This will be our second visit, both times in August due to kids school schedules etc... My husband & I are talking of going alone without the kids and wonder if there is a better time of year ie: climate, lack of storms & tourists like us! Ha! Ha!

Lori
DrewLori -

Just because the snorkeling off the beach is not recommended on most of Caulker, don't dismiss the snorkel opportunities on the island. There are a number of operators that take tours to snorkel offshore spots that none of the San Pedro guides visit. Last time we were in San Pedro we took the first water taxi to Caulker, booked a morning snorkel trip - had a great time - and then went back to Caulker for lunch and relaxing in the afternoon. There were no other snorkel boats at the two stops and the water / coral / fish were beautiful.

We caught the 3:30 taxi back to San Pedro with plenty of time for an evening out.

DrewLori~
Only been to Belize once in Feb. off a cruise ship, but just did a dive out of Belize City for the day ~ last year we went in Feb. for 8 days ~ this year we're going in Jan. for 12 days. We live in a cold climate and like to get into warm weather in the winter! lol
Coco Loco Lady

Coco
I totally agree about snorkeling on Caye Caulker. Although I live in San Pedro, have my own boat and can hop out to the reef whenever I please, I LOVE tripping with Ras Creek. I've gone over for the day just to listen to his stories and drumming, eat the fresh fish/lobster he catches along the way, catch a seahorse by the blue hole out back...

Hmmm... What time is the next water taxi????

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.