Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90901 - 08/21/04 10:37 AM Dive Videos
Sam Scuba Offline
My husband and I would like to hire someone to take dive videos of a few of our dives while we are there in Nov. Does anyone know if there is a videographer to hire on Ambergris?

#90902 - 08/21/04 10:53 AM Re: Dive Videos
RMT Offline

Try the search feature at the top. I typed in dive videos and came up with some info. Good luck..... smile

#90903 - 08/21/04 11:38 AM Re: Dive Videos
Sam Scuba Offline
There isn't a topic posted on the forum that couldn't be accommodated by the search feature if people were so inclined, RMT. I am hoping to hear from people who have some recent experiences to share. Thanks for your response.

#90904 - 08/21/04 11:59 AM Re: Dive Videos
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#90905 - 08/21/04 02:11 PM Re: Dive Videos
RMT Offline
Wellllll excuuuuuuse me. I thought maybe you were new to the site and that you hadn't noticed that feature. I used it for YOU and saw some info there and thought it may be of help. Silly me. I won't make that mistake again. Hopefully someone on here can do the work for you so you don't have to strain yourself.

I hear ya' Klcman eek confused

#90906 - 08/21/04 04:54 PM Re: Dive Videos
Isn't it wierd how you can post something that sounds perfectly fine to you, and then you get responses that let you know others took it way different from how you meant it?

Sam Scuba, I totally got your point about knowing how to do a search, but wanting a more up-to-date, personal experience kinda response. I also got your Thank You to RMT.

I have really learned a lot from this board and for the most part, responses have been pretty cool. But ya sure can get a response now & then that gives ya that "new kid on the block" feeling.

Hope you get some good, friendly dive info. Hope while we're on AC we get to meet some of the fun sounding people on this board and it turns out we're all not so different after all. wink

#90907 - 08/21/04 06:37 PM Re: Dive Videos
RMT Offline
Yes, Law it is weird, you're right. Apparently Klcman and I saw it differently than you did. I certainly was only trying to give her some help and for your info not a "new kid on the block" here. Been going to AC since 1999 I just don't post a lot on here but read it pretty much daily. I guess you misinterpeted my response as I was trying to give her friendly advice. I guess I must be yet again reading things wrong though because your post to me is not appearing overly friendly. That said have a nice weekend and again good luck to sam. smile Rhonda

#90908 - 08/21/04 08:56 PM Re: Dive Videos
Sam Scuba Offline
Thanks Law for your perspective. It is true that we have only our words for communication and lose the benefit of gesture and body language on this medium.

I have been to AC several times and have made several attempts to hook up with someone who could do a video. There is a woman in town who went with us to the Blue Hole on a trip a few years ago and did a video of the whole group, which we purchased. When we tried to hire her privately for a video, she made several excuses why she couldn't do it (too short notice, it was too cold/cloudy/windy that day). We also heard that there was another man who would do dive videos, but he didn't respond for 3 days and then told us he was too busy. So I'm not totally clueless about people who might be available, just people who actually will commit to doing it.

In the meantime, I may search for how many times people have suggested to use the "search" feature -- o.k. that was just a joke laugh

#90909 - 08/21/04 10:47 PM Re: Dive Videos
seashell Offline
Maybe you'd be better off booking someone through your chosen dive op.

And yes, this is an imprecise medium. It is very easy to take words as negatively spoken, when they were merely plainly or directly spoken.

After all, should one really have to be putting a smilie or a winkie up everytime they type something here? Perhaps it behooves each one of us to try to be more sensitive to the reader and less sensitive when we are reading what another wrote.

OK, now for the cyber-group hug.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#90910 - 08/21/04 11:58 PM Re: Dive Videos
The "new kid on the block" feeling I mentioned was how some of the posts make me feel - didn't mean you! I really am grateful for all the info I've found here from people like you who "blazed the trail" for us newbies! Thanks smile

Never been a fan of email, would much rather pick up the phone or walk down the hall. This is my first experience with a board and I gotta say - I'm still not a big fan of this communication method - ya sure miss a lot and there sure are lots of opportunities for misunderstanding. To make matters worse, I'm the type who always wants to clarify things if I think I've been the cause of the misunderstanding - so I gotta add 20 more e mails . . . go figure!

Seashell, that smilie - winkie thing is kinda wierd, but I'm starting to get it. smile wink smile
Count me in on the cyber hug - depending on who else is in, of course wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.