Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#91012 08/23/04 02:23 AM
W
OP Offline
W
laugh we will be leaving out of Miami on AA at 1pm. arriving at Belize City at 1:06 pm cool (2hrs. later,right?)So the 2 of us should take a $20.00 taxi to the Muni. & take the Tropic or Maya Air to San Pedro. My question is how long should we plan to get our luggage & then taxi over? Should we make reservations or just show up & see what happens?

you can take Tropic Air or Maya Air from International airport, no need to go to muni.....

You'll save about twenty bucks U.S. total for the two of you to taxi to municipal and fly from there rather than from international. For two people it's hardly worth it, unless you're on a really, really tight budget. For three or four, it is worth it.

Figure about an hour or a bit more to get through immigration, get your luggage, go through customs and take a taxi to municipal.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
How much time should I allow between my arrival into Belize City Airport and my flight to AC? How long does it take to get your luggage and clear customs?

Allow at least an hour and, if for some reason you have more time on your hands than is necessary, visit Jet's bar at the airport to start your vacation right.....

Thanks Malibu. I'm sure I can find time to go to Jet's.

D
D
Sorry but these links don't work.....I have tried them and they don't work..

W
OP Offline
W
I tried it also,but I didn't want to mention it.We do have a limited budget & the discount would be nice.I'm not sure if my math is weird but if you fly out of the International Airport on Tropic it's $98.25 for 1 adult 2 way fare. To fly on Tropic out of the Municipal Airport it's $54.50 for 1 adult 2 way fare. As I work it that's $43.75 each to spend on the taxi & drinks while you wait for your flight. laugh

Well, I don't get the $43.75 *each* to spend on taxi and drinks while you wait for your flights. You'll already have committed $40 approx on your taxis from the Inter to the Muni and back again. So you are down to $47.50 for drinks. Sure that sounds like an OK deal. You need to decide what means more to you, time or money. For my money, I'd rather have the time on Ambergris Caye than saving it by driving around in a rickety old cab of some sort instead of having my feet in the sand while I quaff my first libation. I agree having a drink or two with Jet at the Belize International Airport can be fun, but given my druthers, I'd druther be having it at Fidos or Cholos.

And when it is time to go home, I believe that you are going to want to be able to squeeze every last hour you can on the island, rather than leaving the island early so that you can ride in a taxi from the Muni to the International.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

W
OP Offline
W
So, okay my stab at humuor didn't work. but the point I was trying to make was that it would be more that $20.00 savings by going to the muni.($87.00)
I do appricate your in put on what would be the best way to get to San Pedro. Is the taxi ride that bad ? & how long does it take? I really need & want your help. Thank-you, Wick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.