Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#91249 08/31/04 07:37 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the best morning reading there is!
the latest installment of Reef Ransom's Journal!

//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/article36.html#aug04

you got to love this guy .he is living his dream ,52 weeks a year ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Awesome reading. I love Reef Ransom. Through the written word, he makes you feel like you are at AC. He has quite a gift. I cannot wait to return! Thank you, Reef!

Just finished reading the journal!! I could read his stuff every day! Keep writing Reef, you are a gem.

S
S
Some great advice for board members:
One of the reasons I came to Belize originally was to meet new and diverse people from another culture and to escape the trappings and over regulation of America. Now, I am sure that most of the folks that come here to visit are nice and I would probably enjoy knowing them but I just don't get why anyone would travel to a third world country in Central America and one of their goals would be meeting other Americans they chatted with on the internet. Why not just stay in America and meet down the block at Applebee's? Ok, I admit I am not all that sociable and am much like the guy in the Jimmy Buffett song who "is losing his hearing and don't care what most people say." It's just for gosh sakes there is a whole other world here so why not let loose of those chains that bind us as Americans and see what else exist. Wow, am I on the soap box today or what, let me check; no the moon is not full. Right Here, mi amigos---Reef Ransom.:

Now Jesse, don't imply that people on this board might not be worth meeting while in Belize. Just because Reef Ransom must have met you and me causing him to form that opinion, does not mean meeting others might not be a pleasant experience. laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It's been my experience that while the U.S. is "one country" - it has lots of different cultures. The culture in LA is much different from Columbia,South Carolina or Taos, New Mexico, which are all different from the big sky country of Montanna or the heartland of Kansas. Each part of the country has it's own cuisine and entertainment and brand of hospitality. In many ways it's like visiting a lot of different countries.

I'm looking forward to meeting the people of Belize and my newfound boarder friends from all over the U.S.

Viva la difference! smile

E
E
There are as many different reasons to visit Belize, as there are different people. Go for your owm reason.

G
G
I was enjoying the read until I came to that inane paragraph about why would a tourist want to meet other tourists they met on a chat board????? Why would someone NOT want to make new friends? To imply that they have no interest in meeting the hosts of the country they are visiting is ridiculous. However, most of the Belizeans HAVE TO WORK for living--i.e, they can't spend the afternoon sitting at the bar, going snorkeling, diving, fishing (unless of course they are WORKING). And most of them go home to eat their meals (just as we do when we are at home). One of the great things about this board and the excellent job that Marty does trying to keep all the diverse personalities that visit it in line, is it allows people from everywhere meet on vacation. It's great to make new friends, experience new places/food/drink, etc. together - it bonds alot of these people to the point that they want to return to Belize and party with their friends again. Seems to me to be win/win situation for all involved. Now, I'll get off the soap box. laugh :p

KBG Offline
Go to Belize, to meet locals, Ex pats making it happen, and like minded, hoping to make it happen. Dreams are plans in the works. KGB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.