Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks to everyone on the board, I've been able to do my homework and narrow it down to four choices for our accommodation. Those of you who know the properties the best, please rate best choice for the money first, second, third, and fourth. Ramons, oceanfront suite, two-bedroom king bed and private bath for each bedroom plus kitchenette for $435 plus 7% tax per night. Banana Beach, oceanfront suite, two-bedroom king bed and private bath for each bedroom plus kitchenette and breakfast and transfers to and from airport for $329 plus 7% tax per night. Exotic Caye, oceanfront suite, two-bedroom queen bed in one and king in the other with private bath for each bedroom plus kitchenette for $315 plus 7% tax. In addition, they are offering a snorkle tour for four to shark/ray ally for free. Xanadu, oceanfront suite, two-bedroom queen bed in one and king in the other with private bath for each bedroom plus kitchenette for $270 plus 7% tax and 5% gratuity. Xanadu also furnishes to guests free of charge canoes, kayaks, bicycles and transfers to and from the airport. All have pools and restaurants on property except Xanadu and it does not have a restaurant. FYI The Palms have an oceanfront suite, two bedroom with queen bed in one and and king in the other, but only have one bath to share for $266.76 including tax. Please help me decide and share any insights into the properties you'd care to. I've already eliminated some of the other properties you have mentioned in posts because of no availability. We are two 50-something couples looking for a nice beach to relax on, lovely room for a little romance, and island ambiance. Thanks in advance for all your input.

I can't comment on the four you've listed, but did you check Villas at Banyan Bay for availability? All 2 bdrm/2 bath condos. Perfect for two couples. We just returned from a week there and LOVED it! Best swimming beach on the island.

Debbo: I have stayed at Exotic Caye and am staying here again September 24th (16 more days. I'm so excited). I haven't stayed at any of the other resorts so can't comment on those.

I enjoyed Exotic Caye. The managers, Carol and Don are awesome; Crazy Canucks has the two best bartenders (IMHO) on the island, Rick and Christian; Cathy at Monkey Bites (restaurant) serves up great food at a good price; the beach area is nice; the pool is alright; and a new dive shop just went in on site. What more can you ask for. And the condo's are really nice and the resort is only a few minutes from town.

Irregardless of which resort you choose, because it's all based on personal choice and price, you will have an awesome time in AC.

I can send you pictures, if you'd like. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to share with you what I have.

Take care!!!

I agree with WendyJo, the Villas at Banyan Bay are very nice. I stayed there in March of this year. The accommodations are fantastic and the pool is very nice. They are more expensive. Again, it all depends on what you want and how much you're willing to spend. I'd rather pay less for a room that I'm hardly in and have more money for all the fun activities.

D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes, I did check with Banyon Bay and many others. There was no availability. These four were not among my first choices. I don't mind paying more at Ramons IF it is that much nicer than the others. According to the board, however, that is not the case so I'm trying to reach people who have seen all four properties and let me know which one is the nicest. Thanks for your replies.

S
S
Debbo... In my opinion, The Palms is far and away thest choice. The two bedroom units on the third floor and an excellent value. The two outside units have the second bedroom and bath upstairs for added privacy for each. It is right next door to Ramons for half the price. I think you pay ALOT for the Ramons name/mystique... You do not need a golf cart at The Palms either as it's close to town yet very private. We were there last month for our third time. Each time we plan a trip to AC we think of trying another place and but always choose The Palms. Once there, we'll go check-out some place we thought about (including some of the ones you are considering) and are always glad we decided to stick with The Palms. There's no bar or restaurant but many within a very short walk. the pool is not oceanfront but is very secluded and lovely. I do not think you will be disappointed at The Palms.

Scott

Debbo:
I gotta weigh in on this one. I, too, just returned from a week at Banyan Bay. Please check it out. We had a great week there; people were great; beach was great. They have 2 (count 'em) moray eels that live on their artificial reef.

At any rate, you'll have a blast.This was my first trip, too. You can believe what you read on this board; Belize IS unique. Can't seem to shake it.....I feel the need for beans n rice. Gotta go.....

O
O
Hi Debbo,
Banana Beach,by far. I have stayed there 8 times, and you cannot beat that price for an ocean front suite.

The staff is excellent, there is nothing that you will need, that will not be readily available to you.

There are two pools with beach towels daily.

The voucher for the banana beach breakfast or towards lunch is a great deal,plus the food at El Divino is excellent.

The onsite travel shop,Monkey Business, will help you with all of your excursion planning.

Jackie

D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks to all who responded. Are there any others who may know about all of the properties I listed?

J
J
Have you looked at Belizean Reef? Right next door to the Palms? Only downside is, no pool. With two couples, you could look into each getting a one bedroom on the same level, you could go between the units on the front balcony, but you would both have your own space. They are beautiful units, very light and airy. We're heading back there on Thursday, can hardly stand the wait..... Jean

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.