Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I will be in San Pedro end of Feb '05. I have narrowed it down to Ramons Village, Captain Morgans, and Belizean Shores. Booked a room at Ramons, but all they had left was the International Suite and it is pretty pricey. I have also heard that Ramons can be noisy at night b/c it is closer to San Pedro. Has any one stayed at any of these resorts? Thanks in advance.

C
C
Over the last ten years we have stayed at all three, more than once. Best facilities and bang for the buck would be Belizean Shores. In my humble opinion, no question.

OP Offline
Thank you sooooo much for the info. Ive heard the same!

4EvrVaca,

We stayed at Belizean Shores in Feb. (trip report starts here //ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=008306)

Beautiful, quiet, and well staffed!

Say hello to Primo et al.

KCJD

oops...Remove the close parenthesis

G
G
Stayed at Ramon's 2001, loved it. Spent a lot of time in the Purple Parrot Bar which we also loved.
Going back to AC next Wed. and we're staying a Paradise Villas. I'm not real happy with this choice, but it was very cheap and close to everything.

gekkogirl, I'll bet you'll be singing a different tune once you return. Don't worry, you are going to like it just fine. You may miss having the Purple Parrot so close, but Wet Willies is out your front door, for drinks out on the dock and Cholo's and Fido's are close by. There are two groceries stores only steps from the maingate and you aren't any further from town than you were at Ramon's. The Paradise Villas dock isn't quite as nice, it's true, but as with all things, there are other benefits.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I need to say a few good words about Ramon's. I have stayed there twice in a beach front cabana and loved it. Rooms are nice, located by town, beautiful jungle lagoon style pool (although the pool at Belizean shores rocks - can't beat a swim up bar) very friendly staff, great bar, beautiful grounds. There was something really special about the beach front rooms - it's like you are immersed in a tropical beach enviroment - our porch was surrounded by palm trees and 25 feet from the water. You can't beat that. Also snorkeling off the pier is fun. Anyways, check out our pics if you want. Lot's of Ramon's & some Belizean Shores shots. The pics are in alpha order so Ramons' shots are towards the end. http://www.unm.edu/~irmin/ mobunny cool

4EvrVaca..........We stayed at Belizean Shores from 8/17 to 8/26. Highly recommend the place. Easy access to town by water taxi. It has the BEST pool on AC. Hatcher at the activity center on the pier can arrange any trips for you. Ask him for "Captain Joe Black" for your tour guide. If you see Joe tell him Tim & Susan say hi............

We also visited (and got cornered at) Captain Morgans. It seemed very nice and the restaurant was great HOWEVER it wasn't worth the sales pitch from the timeshare guys. They are around all the time so it's hard to avoid them. Seems to me it would put a damper on a stay at Captain Morgans.

I've heard that people that stayed at Ramon's really like the place and the pool is really nice. I prefer not to stay so close to town and like having the seclusion of being north of "the cut".

I recommend Belizean Shores..........

There was this one Captain Morgan's time share guy that tried to corner us in town on front street by Mango's our first night. His pitch was something stupid like pick a piece of paper out of a hat and win a $2,000 vacation. I think he had a french accent and man he got really mad at me when I said, with a big smile on my face - "Your just trying to sell us a timeshare aren't you?" He stormed off pretty quick. Only rude person I ran into all week. mobunny cool

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.