Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Madmatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone know anything about this event in February? I am coming down to make a few jumps and was curious where the landing area is? I am counting down the days. Is there any skydivers on this forum? View the link for details. -MADMATT

http://www.skydivebelize.com/

C
C
Just when I thought I'd seen it all.

Ad quote:
(We will be in freefall over water and the landing area is a 400 X 300 ft. area on the beach.)

Just where in the devil would THAT be? I bet the croc's are workin' up an appetite.

K
K
This is the first I've ever heard of skydiving around S.P. I'm very curious about where the landing area will be located. You could be in for a long ride back the airstrip after each jump.

Coconutlady, you'll notice the minimum requirement is a D license, jumpers that have reached that level of expertise will have little trouble hitting the target. The crocs may be disappointed.

Madmatt, you wouldn't happen to do video would you? I'd love to see some video of jumps over the reef. Have a great time.

Madmatt Offline OP
OP Offline
As a matter of fact I do. I would be glad to shoot some video of the reef or anything from the air for that matter. So no one has any idea where the landing area might be? I was thinking they were talking about the beach right past the boat cut.

C
C
The website says boat transportation 3/4 mile from landing area, so I guess that means 3/4 mile from the hotel? Anywhere along the beach would work.

Sounds like fun to me! Price looks reasonable. Wonder how strong the winds blow in Feb?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Great!! Any other expats skydivers? It's going to be very susceptible to the wind, though. If there's a gentle and (most important) constant wind there should be no problem landing in 400'x300', unless someone has an opening problem. A sea landing will wreck the gear.

R
R
Sky diving seems like it would be a lot of fun!! Can you tell me the site so I can look up some information? Before I look it up...do I have to have any experience? Because I have never sky dived before, but sure it's a blast!

The site is right on the original post. It's not a Belize business, merely a US operator offering a package to BZ. One time deal most likely.

You can get the same view out of the window of your plane wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Uh, geez, I sure hope not, klc.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Rodrick, taking your first skydives off of Ambergris Caye, isn't the best idea anyone has had lately.

It would be a bit like taking your first scuba dive on the Andrea Doria.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.