Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92600 - 10/09/04 12:50 AM BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
HOLIDAY HOLLANDS Offline
We are coming to AC in Feb 2005 and are staying a month. As we want to cram in as much sight seeing, snorkle trips, ruins exploring, etc, all of which cost$$$$$. We are looking at budgeting in the accomodations area. So, anyone out there, any suggestions for 4 people looking for simple, basic, clean, quiet and secure lodgings in the $30 to $50 dollar range. We are looking at Ruby's, Martha's and Lily's so far. Any and all comments much appreciated! Moss, Bonnie, Tom & Wyn

#92601 - 10/09/04 04:51 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
kippe Offline
Check out Hotel del Rio. It is about a 10 minute walk from downtown in "Boca del Rio". Nice, clean and close to shops, bakery and cheap little restaurants and bars. They have a nice dock, there is public beach close by and caretakers live on premises, a lovely couple. I stayed there when I first came to San Pedro and very quickly got to know a lot of people. And it is quiet!

#92602 - 10/10/04 07:13 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
Kra-Z-K Offline
I love spindrifts, spacious rooms, VERY clean. FRIENDLY staff, maid service with botteled water daily. two double beds in a room or one queen. $40 per night with cash or else $44 per night. 8th night free, making it less per night. BIGGER discount for one month stay. RIGHT on beach, convient location.

#92603 - 10/10/04 10:11 PM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
HOLIDAY HOLLANDS Offline
Appreciate the feedback. We are talking with Hotel del Rio and I will start some communication with Spindrifts as well. We have a tentative arrangement with Ruby's, but nothing firm. Anybody stayed at Ruby's and if so some thoughts? Thanks, Moss

#92604 - 10/11/04 02:30 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
Kra-Z-K Offline
Holiday, spindrifts for sure. I've stayed a Ruby's, would recommend it for a few nights stay. you will hear every noise below and above you and through the windows at 5am you'll hear everyone who comes to Ruby's cage(which I highly recommend, yum!) but it is load and not the most comfortable for sleeping. I love spindrifts.

#92605 - 10/12/04 04:25 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
Smok Offline
Hello,

If you want to go really cheap, you can try Martha's, $70-$90 week, cheaper for the month. If you're lucky you might even get a room with ocean view!.

Have a good trip.

#92606 - 10/12/04 05:51 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
HOLIDAY HOLLANDS Offline
Smok. Thanks for your input. We just heard last nite from a friend who has stayed at Ruby's and said exactly what you said. We are looking seriously at Hotel del Rio, which kippe and others in previous posts have recommended highly. I will check the spindrift out as well. Thanks, Moss

#92607 - 10/12/04 05:54 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
HOLIDAY HOLLANDS Offline
Opps! I mean thanks Ke for the spin on drift, and Kippe for Martha's, but the wives decided they want to be farther out of town. Of course the price goes up the farther out you get, I've noticed.

#92608 - 10/12/04 07:01 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
kippe Offline
Was going to suggest Conchshell as an option, but definately in town, but on the beach and some units have kitchens! Whatever you do decide soon if you don't want to end up moving around, you are, as far as I can remember going when it is pretty busy around here.

#92609 - 10/12/04 08:12 AM Re: BUDGET ACCOMODATIONS
seashell Offline
Well, Holiday, just how far out do the wives want to stay? Hotel del Rio is a great location not too close to town. Check it out on this picture, double click and then scan all the way over to the right hand side:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/longview.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.