Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92857 - 10/19/04 01:54 PM Pool a Must?
heatherack Offline
My family is planning to spend 2 weeks on Ambergris in late Feb. early March. Can anyone tell me if a resort with a pool is necessary? We were thinking about renting a house for the first week and then maybe staying at Xanadu for the 2nd week. My kids are 14 and 16. Do you think Xanadu is a good choice for us or does anyone have any other recommendations?

#92858 - 10/19/04 02:41 PM Re: Pool a Must?
CrackerLarry Offline
It is absolutely necessary for my wife and I. The Xanadu has an excellent pool. In fact it was excellent in every respect. I can email you some pictures if you'd like.

#92859 - 10/19/04 03:14 PM Re: Pool a Must?
alaurieb Offline
I agree.
I think a pool is very important and would not stay at a hotel/resort that didn't have a pool.
I stayed at the Xanadu for 2 weeks last summer and we thought it was perfect in every way. You won't be disappointed.

#92860 - 10/19/04 04:25 PM Re: Pool a Must?
Tom Offline
I agree, pool a must.
Exotic Caye Beach Resort also has a pool and is closer to town. It is a very easy walk to town by way of the beach. This resort also has a dive shop on site with a new pier that is now longer.
The Miniture Golf course is about 1 block away and the Health Center with big beautiful pool is about 2- block and also has exercise equipment. Pepperoni's Pizza Place is just behind the resort on Coconut Drive and has excellant Pizza.
No matter where you choose to stay, I am sure you will have a great trip. My first trip was in 1991 and we took 3 of our kids the next spring break. My step-daughter got certified to dive and did her first open water dive there. My daughter has been down many times and they took teir honeymoon on the island in our condo at Exotic Caye Beach Resort. Since then I have also taken our grandson down 2 years ago when he was 4 years old and now wants to go everytime I even mention Belize.
Have a great trip.
Kat

#92861 - 10/19/04 04:25 PM Re: Pool a Must?
Anonymous
I agree w/ above - a pool was quite refreshing and cleaner than the sea grass. Banana Beach has two pools - one with a great view of the beach - and we almost always had one to ourselves!

#92862 - 10/19/04 06:52 PM Re: Pool a Must?
heatherack Offline
Thank you everyone...we almost went against our better judgement and rented a house without a pool. I don't care about eel grass in the water, but it would be nice to take a swim at night without the worry of "big guys in gray". Also appreciate the input on Xanadu Resort. While my husband and I like out of the way private spots, the kids go out of their minds after a couple of days of "quiet quality family time"!

#92863 - 10/19/04 06:52 PM Re: Pool a Must?
Barbara K Offline
Depends on yourself and your family. I never use the pool but my kids sometimes do.

#92864 - 10/19/04 09:24 PM Re: Pool a Must?
CrackerLarry Offline
One word of caution, Heatherack. You reminded me of a shortcoming at Xanadu. There was one. Their pool is closed after dark. No night swimming. I wasn't happy about it, either.

#92865 - 10/19/04 09:51 PM Re: Pool a Must?
MALIBU Offline
I have to put a kink in your keester on this one with a differing opinion. We have not had a pool where we have stayed, the few times we have been to AC, and never missed it. But we DO have a pool at home and we DON'T have kids.

#92866 - 10/19/04 11:37 PM Re: Pool a Must?
JeanH Offline
We don't consider a pool to be necessary. We love the Belizean Reef, last time we were there, it was darn hot, and we wished there was a pool. But, for our next trip, we'll be back at the Belizean Reef, because I love the place. The dock at Ramon's is really, really close. I would possibly have a different opinion if I traveled with teens. Jean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (lomckenna, Marty, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,303 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.