Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93761 11/17/04 10:36 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hi again,

After LOTS of very appreciated help from this board (thank you!!), our current leaning is towards Banana Beach, and my latest questions are about the room we'd be staying in.

I've read here that the older building's ocean-front rooms are the best, but pending the answers you provide here, I'm hoping that the cheapest rooms, in the newer building, may suit us well enough.

We'd be in a balcony or veranda room, not a suite (no kitchen). I found the picture that Marty posted back in 2002, showing the row of angled balconies along a side of the newer building.
--Does anyone know if these are only the suites, or whether the cheapest rooms are also along this side?
--Are the balconies big enough for two people to sit out on?
--What's to the side of the balconies -- are you very close to another building, or does it feel pretty open and pleasant to sit out there?

If anyone has pictures showing more of the outside, inside, or view from the new building, I'd love to see them. Barbara K, you mentioned back in 2002 you had some -- is it too much to hope for that you'd still have track of them? And CMNate, if you're still around, you too?

Thanks again -- you are all so helpful and it's making my planning feel super-informed!

We are staying in Banana Beach - we are leaving on Friday early morning. Some of the verandas face the pool - if you go into their website you can take a virtual tour.

We chose to stay in the oceanfront suite - it looks pretty nice and lots of people have nice things to say about Banana Beach. You can also email them at [email protected]. Sandra is really awesome and will answer any of your concerns. cool

I
OP Offline
I
Scubacat, I tried the virtual tour, and the link seemed broken. Did you get it to work? I asked about it, and Tim from Banana Beach responded that they knew it was broken.

I do know about the verandas in the old building that face the pool, but do you mean there are ones in the new building that face the other pool? (I wonder if these are the rooms, and the ones in the photo I saw are the suites.)

No I am not sure of that. Wew have been planning this trip for a long time and were able to get into the virtual tour a long while ago.

We stayed in the "old" building in June while friends stayed in the "new" building. We were happy with our room. They were happy with their room. cool

That pic Marty posted was my pic. Those side rooms are the verandah & balcony rooms - the front most are oceanfront suites and can be adjoined to other rooms behind for the 2, 3 & 4 bedroom units. The balconies are small but good enough for 2. there is another building close by the side of BB. I would request a 2nd or 3rd floor balcony room. The verandah rooms on the 1st floor no longer have an oceanview since the foliage has grown up so much. I have more pics of the BB rooms from my last trip in Sept. http://photos.yahoo.com/barbsbelize

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks everyone! It sounds like the balcony rooms in the newer building will suit us and our budget nicely. Barbara K, thanks for the helpful photos and details!

Im headed down there in Aug for one week let me know how you liked it. im going to stay at the BB myself

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.