Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Ok - I'm in much need of some sunshine and warmth. I'll be in AC in Dec for a little over a week. So a few ???

I'll be traveling alone. I shouldn't have any problems going out on the town by myself should I? Also, staying at the Mata Rocks is it a nice place? And finally, my fair skin has not seen the light of day for some time. Will it be really sunny & hot or pretty mild? I've looked through the website, but it usually gives averages etc... would like some other perspectives.

Thanks a bunch. I can't wait

Liz
S
S
No problem out on the town...friendly people everywhere. Mata Rocks is great! Watch out for the drinks at the beach bar... they'll getcha! The temps this time of year are 86F days and 72F nights. Use sunblock. Stop by Crazy Canucks and say hello.

Hi Liz,

I sent you an email. I am going Mid Dec for the fourth time in two years. I am happy to answer any of your questions. I love going there alone. It is absolutely fine to go out alone at night.

No worries, well, except that no one can guarantee the weather. Take a light sweater. Better to have and not need than not have and wish. Take sunblock too, you will likely need it more than the sweater.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Be sure to visit Coconuts bar on Saturday nite ,
Dennis Wolf plays there. Say hi to Margie for me too!
Breakfast at Estelles is a must do too!
Richard :p

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks to all for the input. I can tell this is the place for me.

Liz
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Liz - if you're a diver from Alaska have you ever heard of Alaska Cold Water Divers? Based in Anchorage, dive Whittier & Cozumel, and a great bunch. I had a few great dives with them some years ago.

L
OP Offline
L
Pedro - I just noticed your post or I would have written sooner. If I am not mistaken, this is my boss' son's company. His name is Michael. Does that ring a bell? I don't dive myself. (it's too cold for me here), but what a small world if it is him.

Let me know. I leave here on Friday

Liz
C
C
Absolutely go to Crazy Canucks... at Exotic Caye (south end of San Pedro... south of the Airport...) Canadian Owned & Operated... too bad there's No Hockey this year... otherwise, you could actually watch it there! Rick (bartender) might Growl at you, but he's absolutely harmless.. I actually figure that if he growls, he likes you, Hope you like dogs... there are dogs at all of the Beach Bars... friendly, but definitely there. Say Hi to Carol & Don if you get there... I'm bringing them some Calgary Flames Flags for the bar... (they are from Calgary)... I'll be travelling alone in Jan - April (except... I plan to bring MY DOG with me, gotta have a friend with you)... Use sun block & have mosquitto repellent... around 4:00 ish is a good time to use the mosq. rep. Say hi to everyone at Crazy Canucks - (Nancy from Calgary)

Have a great day

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.