Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
How much beer, wine, liquor, food can come through customs (from US.)
Traveling funds - Trav checks or cash? What is a no no to take out? Conch,coral, gems... Sure I wont have to worry about the first by the time I get to gems butt.... I Had to Ask.

Each person in our group. (6 people) brought 1 liter of liquor from the US which I beleive is the legal limit to bring in. We also brought a full case of wine & were never questioned.
Had a nice bar setup back at the pad smile

Hey Tex did you fly or drive?

enemeane, had no problem with jewelry pieces going thru customs. The conch shells gave more than a few moments of panic. We were asked if we had a receipt. Of course not! Recommend you get one, just in case. BZ customs let them go out but don't know what US customs would have done if they'd searched the baggage.

About loose gemstones, a local advised me not to purchase loose stones from the park vendors unless you are very knowledable and have your own loop. Anyone else, have input about this? Who does and doesn't have good stuff at the park.

We had several conch shells. He asked "sovenirs?" I replied as I smiled "yes" as he kept looking.
No problems smile

Gems... I don't know.

I have 6 conch shells that I brought home from AC in 1994 that sit in my living room. It is a sad reminder to me everyday when I look at them that I was too stupid to realize I was robbing Belize when I took them.

take 'em back then confused

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
G
G
yeah. take 'em back. 1 suitcase of conch shells on its way back to paradise. you could give them to Paisano to sell. :rolleyes:

Thought I'd contributed to the local economy. eek Tulu would be awfully offended if I lugged 'em back down there.

My shell brings me beautiful memories of paradise and new friends.

Maybe I will, maybe I will

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.