Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#94886 12/29/04 07:18 AM
J
juli Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi I'm bringing my family, kids ages 6&9. do we need shots? I was also wondering about the drinking water/ice in drinks etc. We are staying at Xanadu. any impressions? thanks for the help.

You may want to consider that Tetanus shots are current as there will be a great temptation to go around barefoot as some of the locals often do. No problem with the drinking water as it is purified. If the water where you are staying has not been used for a while there may be some odor/taste affects that will reduce with use of the system.Plenty of bottled water available. :p

Hi Juli,
Your kids should have a fun time. We took our first trip to AC this past October with my 6 year old son. he had so much fun that at the airport he started to cry because he wanted to stay. My son went kayaking with my husband, reef fishing, snorkeling off the beach at Banyan Bay and his favorite thing was the golf carts...no seatbelts, no doors sitting in the front seat. My family and I are returning to AC on February 20 and I cannot wait. Have a wonderful time on your trip. Don't forget bug spray for at night.

A lot of us start to cry at the airport frown

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
J
juli Offline OP
OP Offline
J
hey thanks for the input, We can't wait to go. We arrive Feb 22 and are there for a week. any info on xanadu?

great place. well run, spacious units, nice pool with kiddie section, good swimming off the pier. Beach is a bit rocky but nice. Free bikes (no kid sizes tho) and kayaks for guests. You can rent kids sized bikes at Joe's in town for about $5/day.

Bobber, who waits for the airport to shed tears? I start when I have to begin packing! Tears, rum punch, porch, pack....repeat until packing is done. eek

I
I
I know I will be packing and rum punching and crying all my way back to the airport for the return flight. We will be taking off for our vacation soon for our first trip to Belize. We will also be staying at Xanadu. I would like to take my son to a true Belizian restaurant with a lot of ambience. That could mean customers that are barefoot, relaxed and happy. We would especially love someplace with a view of the sea. Any suggestions?

try Ambergris Delight or Reef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Island Mom, you're going to find lots of barefoot, relaxed and happy. Just put your feet on the beach and start walking. You'll find more than enough restaurants to fill the bill.

Wet Willie's is out on a dock with an excellent view. Can't say much about the food; only had the conch fritters and they were ok. Don't forget about the beach BBQ's. Ramon's chicken was great and BC's shrimp was to die for. Ramon's had a good rum punch, too. May I suggest you have your first one at Jet's while waiting for the hopper flight? wink Jet does not skimp on the rum!

Elvi's isn't on the beach but has great ambience!

Have a wonderful time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.