Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95150 - 01/04/05 01:13 AM Passports of Birth Certificate
hornet Offline
We will be arriving on the 2nd of Febuary and I was wanting to make sure that we wont have any problems using our certified birth certificates like we did in Cancun. I was told by our travel agent that a passport isn't necessary. I would like more opinions on this matter. And what would everyone recomend doing for the first evening on the 2nd of Febuary which is a Wednesday???? We should be getting there about 2:00 pm.

#95151 - 01/04/05 01:20 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
Dan & Jan Offline
We will be arriving on the 28th on our 4th trip. We were advised to not try using the birth certificates on our first trip. Of course we were told that about this time before we left and had to scramble to get pasports on time. I wouldn't go with out a passport if it were me. Mabe we will see you there.

#95152 - 01/04/05 01:32 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
john robertsdenver Offline
OUCH!!! Please save yourself alot of grief and get passports. it doesn't take that much effort and i doubt you can enter a another country without them. there are ways to rush passports thru, i suggest you do it rather than screw a lovely vacation up....is it worth the risk for a foto and a few dollars??? john in denver

#95153 - 01/04/05 01:50 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
JungleT Offline
Diffently bring your passport!!!

I think it's Lady's night at Wet Willys on Wednesday, also the chicken drop. There may also be a beach party with live music at the Crazy Cunuck Beach Club on Wednesday nights.

#95154 - 01/04/05 01:55 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
john robertsdenver Offline
Hornet, as i rethink my advice, you MUST get passports to come into belize, so the quicker you start the process the better. I will be at banana beach and hanging at the bar at mata rocks from 1 feb to 7 feb john in denver, have a good time but get those passports, hugs :>)

#95155 - 01/04/05 02:21 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
H2Otstr Offline
Passports are REQUIRED, not like Cancun where a birth certificate will suffice. Also make a couple of photocopies to carry with you in case you lose your passport.

#95156 - 01/04/05 03:48 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
You should fire your travel agent. Passports are definitely required to enter Belize and have been for as long as I can remember. The only exception is for cruise ship daytrippers.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

#95157 - 01/04/05 04:23 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
klcman Offline
I was thinking the same thing Lan, and perhaps they better check their flights directly with the airline too or they may find themselves going to Timbuktu.

Hornet - since you are on a tight timeline, you will need expedited passport services. For an additonal fee of $60 plus overnight dely chgs per app, you can have 2 week service http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

You can also speed up the process by downloading the app at http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html saving time of locating an office near you. Complete them, get yourphotos taken, and then take it to an office near you.

This site will lead you to an office nearest you http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

There are also private service bureaus who will do this for you, but why pay the extra $$ when you can do this yourself easily.....leaves more $$ for Belikins, panty rippers, conch & lobster!

Good luck & Post haste!

#95158 - 01/04/05 06:23 AM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
Wendy Offline
Unbelievable! Your travel agent should be paying the expedited fees you will pay... mad

#95159 - 01/04/05 04:10 PM Re: Passports of Birth Certificate
captjeff Offline
hornet your travel agent needs to find a new job .I am also in the travel business [cruise side] and it is easy to check entry requirements ..so your agent needs to check a little better and care about your vacation .. ie .. the saying ..you can not fix stupid..go live the dream and enjoy..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.