Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bleisa Offline OP
OP Offline
I just finished booking with Continental using Expedia for airfare from Omaha to Belize City in late Feb. $419..with taxes and departure fee it came to $511.61 each. We haven't had this kind of fare in over 4 years! Just yesterday it was $641 using the same information.

I found my fare on Expedia last week for $100 cheaper than was quoted on American's web site. First time I ever used them.

that's pretty interesting TW - my experience has always been the reverse. I use the travel sites as a guide, find what I want and then go directly to CO's site and book directly. Always saved $$, never higher.

Most of the travel news (correct me if I'm wrong Barb) coming out these days seems to indicate that the airlines are pricing their own sites the lowest and won't give anything away. Many hotels too.

As I said, I always use the travel sites for guidance and then check myself directly.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
That's what I've normally done in the past, too. I had already booked a free fare for my wife using miles on American's site and just decided to check Expedia on a whim. I had to check, double check, and triple check to make sure the flights were the same.

Jan and I went through continental from Omaha and got ours for $490 everything included. We always price with sidekicks then go to the source and usually get a better deal. Just 21 days and we will be there and out of this cold, white place. Yea

One reason Expedia may have been cheaper is that we have to fly down through Miami and return through Dallas (only FF flights available), and American was pricing it more expensive with different stop cities. But, it was still $50 cheaper using Expedia than if I booked through American and flew through Miami both ways (if that makes sense!).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.