Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#95569 - 01/10/05 10:22 PM Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Caddis Offline
The resort I will be staying at uses Ambergris Divers for their dive operation. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with Ambergris Divers they will share?

Thanks

#95570 - 01/11/05 12:19 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
klcman Offline
lots of comments - have you done a "search" - upper right?.

And you can book anyone on island - nearly all will come pick you up on your dock.

#95571 - 01/11/05 12:48 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Dan & Jan Offline
Our experience was not too good. We had not done any diving before. The resort dive went well and enjoyed it a lot. The next day we went for a 1 tank dive and were put in a boat with 5 PADI certified divers and taked outside the reef. There was only 1 dive master for all of us and things didn't go too well. I don't think that we will us them again but it might have been an isolated case with them and they might be great. Take it for what it is worth.

#95572 - 01/11/05 03:56 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
sandb Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by klcman:
lots of comments - have you done a "search" - upper right?.

And you can book anyone on island - nearly all will come pick you up on your dock.
D-I-T-T-O both lines...

Having said that, I found them about #3 of many, many....you could do a lot worse.
#1. Amigos del Mar
#2. Protech (sorry P2)

#95573 - 01/11/05 04:25 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Teenah Offline
Having dove with Brion and Junior at Protech, and also with Roberto before he was with Ambergris Divers, I was surprised to hear that you were unsatisfied. All three individuals were exceptional dive masters. I haven't dove with Amigos so I have no comment. There are many good
dive shops on the island. Bottom Time is a great dive shop, and Rudy Duran is a great dive master. BT also does beach barbeques and snorkle trips. Look under "goods and services" for contact information. Have fun!

#95574 - 01/11/05 04:59 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Cajun Mermaid Offline
I used Amigos del Mar during Thanksgiving week and they were great. I highly recommend them.

#95575 - 01/11/05 07:02 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Anonymous
Geez, I leave for a while and somebody uses my moniker / pseudonym …

Where you at in Idaho?

I don’t think it really matters that much what dive op you use, the diving at Ambergris Caye is mediocre at best…

#95576 - 01/11/05 11:32 AM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
steeplejack Offline
I dove with blue hole back in october and had a ball! Robby and brian are awesome they will show you all kinds of neat marine life underwater and watch you very closely. They are very friendly. They also operate deep penetration adventure tours.
catchy name eh?

#95577 - 01/11/05 04:09 PM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Kent@BlueHole Offline
Yep. Can't go wrong with Robbie. Best in the business.

#95578 - 01/11/05 05:41 PM Re: Anyone have Experience with Ambergris Divers
Caddis Offline
Idaho_diver, sorry to use the same "moniker/pseudonym." I had no idea I was moving in on your turf. I will let you keep the creepy blinking eye thing all to yourself. Who knows maybe I'll create a new name.

I live in Rexburg, where are you from?

I hope the diving is a bit better than mediocre. It has to better than diving in Idaho. I use to teach scuba in Hawaii and ever since I can't get very excited to dive in a cold river or lake. I would rather fly fish in cold water than dive in cold water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (reaper, katzgar, Jameela01), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.