Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
So, have you shown up without a reservation during HI season? If so, please share your experience. Comments? Suggestions?

C
C
yes. you can always find a great place to stay, and it helps to be flexible and go with the flow.

I've done it several times, at most times of the year, but not of late.....seems my at-the-time "travel friends" were a little freaked out by that...but what the hell, that's part of the adventure!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
D
Cass, How flexible do you have to be - can you still get a nice place?

What dates are you talking about? We have gone down without reservations or just had a day reservation and went out the next day and looked for a place. Like anyplace the popular places fill up. Never stayed in a dump on AC yet. Also, never stayed at Victoria House.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
C
C
Just be flexible and don't get your thong in a twist - you will find that the people will all help you find what you're looking for, just talk to them and have a Belikin and then check out a few of the places.

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
We are going Feb 16th thru 23rd.... It seems that all of the places I have checked with are full - totally booked during that time. Have you guys been in February, say within the last 2 yrs and done this?
Thanks......

Nice avitar indygal!!! laugh

K
K
From what I understand we are going to have a very busy season, so this time it might be a good idea not to "just show up". At least book a room for your first night as somebody suggested.

Malibu....I sent you a email regarding a message I received from Banyan Bay, they have poolview availability for the dates your are looking for. Hope this helps...

C
C
Originally posted by MALIBU:
So, have you shown up without a reservation during HI season? If so, please share your experience. Comments? Suggestions?
Like Malibu, we are flying into BC, without any reservations, Feb 13. Anyone think we will have a problem?? We have done this in Mexico, and it wasn't a big deal. Kinda freaked when the first couple were all booked, but it worked out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.