Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95939 - 01/16/05 08:17 PM AV/GAS
papashine Offline
At the moment there is no AV/GAS available for sale in the Country of Belize. Someone must have forgotten to pay thier bill! There is supposed to be a shipment coming soon, but if you are planning on flying your piston powered aircraft here soon, you might want to check on gas availability before you come.
Reality..What a concept!

#95940 - 01/17/05 12:56 AM Re: AV/GAS
RICH GUY Offline
Is this a regular occurance? Are you able to hanger small pistons at the san pedro airstrip?

#95941 - 01/17/05 02:04 AM Re: AV/GAS
seashell Offline
How are Tropic and Maya flying?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#95942 - 01/17/05 07:54 AM Re: AV/GAS
RICH GUY Offline
They use turbo prop engines. Different gas than piston. Turbo props use Jet A1 or some derivative.

#95943 - 01/17/05 08:35 AM Re: AV/GAS
papashine Offline
I have been here 16 years, its never happened before, Tropic cannot hanger outside aircraft, but there is parking for a limited number of small aircraft on the grass. The airlines will fly there piston aircraft as long as there supply of AV/GAS lasts, after that they will have to wait on the fuel delivery, all of the turbine powered aircraft are o.k. as they burn Jet A, which is just kerosene.
Reality..What a concept!

#95944 - 01/17/05 09:07 AM Re: AV/GAS
seashell Offline
Thanks papa and Rich.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#95945 - 01/17/05 11:03 PM Re: AV/GAS
Beachy Offline
If you decide to fly down, check with your insurance carrier first. When my uncle flew from Austin, his ins. co. made him (of all places) leave his plane in Chetumal, I guess his coverage was only for Us/Mx/Can...
Plane was fine, BTW
Casa Picasso
Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen

#95946 - 01/19/05 11:25 PM Re: AV/GAS
Madmatt Offline
Being that I work for a large oil Company. Where does the AV gas / Jet A come from? I am just curious.

#95947 - 01/20/05 01:09 AM Re: AV/GAS
RICH GUY Offline
Thanks Beachy, I'll check that out.

Madmatt. It comes from the tube at the gas station! hahaha

AV Gas is generally 100 octane Low Lead fuel, or with some older planes 80 or 87 octane. Jet A is a derivative of kerosene, it burns at a higher temperature and isn't supposed to explode on light impact (yeah rite!).

I think the only difference between what you pump at the gas station and what is bought for a plane is the way it's refined and the pre-refined grade of the crude. However, i'm not an expert in this field.

#95948 - 01/20/05 07:53 AM Re: AV/GAS
CrackerLarry Offline
The difference is that AV gas has lead. You can't buy leaded gas at a gas station anymore (in the USA).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.