Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95988 - 01/17/05 10:16 PM Movies or music -- suggestions?
Ivana Snorkel Offline
As if one needs to "get in the mood" for a trip to Belize... anyway, do you have any favorite movie rentals or music you play to remind you of a trip to AC or in anticipation of one? Have there been any popular movies shot anywhere in Belize? Only 13 days to go for us and the local temp is about 13 below!

#95989 - 01/17/05 10:43 PM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
obtuseangler Offline
mosquito coast

#95990 - 01/17/05 10:54 PM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
CHOOCHOO Offline
Forget the movies. They were all awful and largely forgettable. The last one I had Benjamin Bratt and Armand Assante. I don't think it saw distribution anywhere.

Music--JJW's "Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits is always a crowd pleaser (recorded in San Pedro). We are partial to some early '80s re-releases by Bertie Higgins, and Buffet's "Banana Wind". Over the years we've picked up some interesting stuff by the local gringo musicians, Barefoot Skinny, etal.

#95991 - 01/18/05 01:54 AM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
GRAFFICE Offline
SKINNY FOR SURE.....JJW SEEMS BEST WHEN WE GET HOME. OUR FIRST TRIP WE BOUGHT A CD BY ANDY PLACIO BEFORE LEAVING AND IT REMAINS A FAVORITE TO GET US IN THE MOOD TO TRAVEL. PAST COUPLE YEARS I HAVE PLAYED FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD TO WAKE UP MY HOUSE ON THE MORNING WE LEAVE- ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!! DUANE

#95992 - 01/18/05 02:44 PM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
papashine Offline
Hotel California...you can check in but never leave.

#95993 - 01/18/05 02:56 PM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
krehfish Offline
Check out Jimmy Buffet's new release A Salty Piece of Land. Packaged with his latest book by the same name, it's about 60% Belize and AC(though I've never seen a foam party in San Pedro!!

#95994 - 01/18/05 02:59 PM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
Bobber Offline
Another Minnesotan bailing out. Good for you. Jerry Jeff Walker, as mentioned above, is one of our favorites. Also, if you get bitten by the AC bug, see if you can find one of Wil and Dale's CDs down there, makes a good reminder to take home.

#95995 - 01/19/05 02:33 AM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
Ivana Snorkel Offline
Thanks to all for the ideas, even listening to samples online has me in the island mood. Good idea Bobber, as you know I will need souvenirs to survive the rest of this brutal winter!

#95996 - 01/19/05 09:45 AM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
seashell Offline
Punta Rebels

#95997 - 01/19/05 10:11 AM Re: Movies or music -- suggestions?
Richard Chambers Offline
You have to bring back Dennis Wolfe's "Gringo in Belize" CD. I put it on the Jukebox at my local watering hole over 2 years ago and they won't let me take it off! It get as many hits as some of the local C&W and Mexican faves!!
Of course i love it too! eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.